Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby Dandruff?

jaetee is offline Registered User

Baby Dandruff?

My 6 mo LO has been scratching her head, and I notice she has several patches of flaky white skin. I dont know if it is cradle cap because it is white and not yellow. Perhaps it is dandruff or just dry scalp since we have the air con on all the time??

We do shampoo her hair every night and try to rinse very well.

I have tried natural oils and remedies for Eczema and Cradle Cap, but so far it is not working. Poor baby is just scratching her hair all the time....

Any suggestions please?

tippileung is offline Registered User
    Emm, my baby is 4 months now and I found some dandruff on her scalp sometimes, I asked some friends that their babies are having the same problem, in fact I can't say this is normal, but I can say this is a common problem for babies. My suggestion is to change your shampoo that suit your baby (but you have to try!!), for my baby it works after I change the shampoo.

Rosanna is offline Registered User
    Hi jaetee,

This is a common problem with babies. Mine had patchy flakes similar as what you diescribed. I put a lot of oil and then combed his hair with a baby comb. You will notice that the patch starts coming off. I did this daily for around a month before it all disappeared. you might want to try that. Also while shampoo I used my fingertips to just massage his scalp.

joannek is offline Registered User
    i suggest washing her hair every other day instead of everyday. i don't think your baby's hair & scalp will be too dirty. washing hair everyday makes the scalp too dry which may cause dandruff.

jaetee is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the suggestions - is there any baby shampoo and baby wash that people recommend using that is good for sensitive, dry skin?

We have been using Mustela and Aromababy Shampoo, but I think they may be too drying.

Thanks again everyone. :)

Rosanna is offline Registered User
    HI jaetee

I have always used Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo after oiling his hair. My 5month has not faced any dryness till now.

Scroll to top