Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tung Chung

JennyB is offline Registered User
    Hi javaman,
    Strictly speaking most schools P1 start at around age 6, but many international schools start with reception class a year earlier i.e. your son's age in September. But you've probably missed the boat for their applications which are normally a year in advance. (The new DB school is definitely full because I live in DB and there has been lots of controversy about not enough places for DB residents!)
    But some international primary schools don't have a reception class so start around age 6, and your son can always start in kindergarten K3 until he gets a school place. Try the following link for school information:
    http://www.hkwithkids.com/schools.htm

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    There are no international primary schools in Tung Chung.

They will have to travel, when they reach the age of 5 to primary school outside Tung Chung.

Here are the options,

a). DBIS, Discovery Bay- for P2 classes there are currently 70 children on the waiting list.
    b). Discovery College, Discovery- also oversubscribed....and a lot of children living in Discovery Bay don't have places here for the new school year.
    c). Lantau International school (30 mins from TC by bus over a mountain!!), new school, small school.
    d). Esf schools...I believe the schools for TC residents are Beacon Hill or Kowloon Junior, both in Kowloon Tong area (around 40 mins by bus from TC).

JennyB is offline Registered User
    What about the Sunshine House prep school in Tung Chung? I thought they did primary as well as kindie.
    It might also be worth having a look at the DSS English medium school, YMCA Christian College. There are quite a few overseas kids there. Their P1 starts at age 6. You definitely need to apply in Sept for the following year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12