Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tung Chung

bbvv is offline Registered User

Tung Chung

We are contemplating in moving and have a number of areas in interest of which one of them is Tung Chung. Would love to hear from any parents who live in this area - what our the playgroups, kindergartens and primary schools like?

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User

we also seriously considered tung chung before we finally decided on discovery bay. I think the estates in tung chung are generally new with very good facilities (club houses, swimming pools, tennis courts etc...) at minimal fees. Transportation is also good and there are plenty restaurants to chose from. Property price / rent is also attractive. The only thing I don't like about tung chung is the air.

Yes, I heard about the air not being good due to it being so close to the airport. How about education?

firsttimedad is offline Registered User

Anywhere in Hk is polluted.

cha-cha is offline Registered User

on the days when pollution is bad in TC, it's bad everywhere in HK.

we live in Caribbean Coast with a toddler and we really love it. CC has the best clubhouse for kids. Phase I clubhouse has a padded playroom for younger bubs and a climbing frame section for older kids. Aside from that there is the 60m outdoor pool and lots of carpeted areas inside for the kids to run around in. They are opening Phase II clubhouse this week and it's about twice the size of Phse I. My daughter gets to go and run around and interact with other kids everyday.

The clubhouse has organised playgroups for kids 18mths+ twice a week, same goes for all the international kindergartens in the area. As far as I'm aware of, there is nothing formal for younger babies.

Disneyland hotel is nearby and when it's not so hot, Inspiration Lake is a nice green grassy oasis to run around on - great for picnics etc.

We're planning to put our daughter either in Greenfield Kindy (in CC) or ESF Tsing Yi. Other international choices in TC would be Sunshine House or Sun Island.

HTH

cha-cha is offline Registered User

sorry to harp on about CC, but it's the only estate that has a shuttle bus to Central & TST in the mornings and back in the evening rush hour. makes the commute to & fro work so much easier.

i suggest you take a site visit to TC and see for yourself.

Thanks for the info cha-cha. So most playgroups cater for 18mths+. Can residents go to both Phase I and Phase II clubhouse.

Bubs is coming upto one at the end of the month so we would rather work around his future education to avoid him having to travel long distance to a school. I've heard that Tung Chung is a great place to live in as things are still relatively new.

Where is Central do the shuttle bus drops off / pick up passengers in Central. I work in Admiralty.

javaman is offline Registered User

Hi,

I am living in Tung Chung currently but my son still in Indonesia with my wife. They are coming next month. My son will be 5 on September. What is the best choice for primary school around for International School. Currently his school in Indonesia is English speaking school so he is able to communicate in English.

Will he be eligible for primary for upcoming Fall session? Also I heard there is new school in Discovery Bay? Any information or website?

Anton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast