Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Helper Queries

secretsquirrel is offline Registered User

Helper Queries

I am interested to get in a helper and already have one in mind. She is leaving her employer by mid July and have to leave HK due to visa. She has registered herself in an Agency already.

Would appreciate if anyone can answer to my queries.

1) What costs do I have to incur (to the Agency or helper)?

2) I do not need to pay for her ticket to get out of HK for this time before she starts with me. Am I right?

3) I am going back to Singapore for summer holiday and will be in Singapore for a month or so. If possible, I like her to start to get familar with us mid July in Singapore. Can it be done? If yes, do I have to pay for her ticket to Singapore then? (because she needs to get out of HK anyway). Of course, I will start paying her salary from the day I employed her.

4) If she happen to come to Sg, she will be on a tourist visa, is it that she can only stay for 2 weeks?

5) Is there any other concerns (as a new family who employed helper in HK) to take note of that's different from Singapore.

Thank you in advance.

kellyst is offline Registered User

1) What costs do I have to incur (to the Agency or helper)?
    did you find the helper THRU the agency, if so you should be paying the agency for fees.

2) I do not need to pay for her ticket to get out of HK for this time before she starts with me. Am I right?
    that's correct, the return should be the responsibility of the previous employer.

3) I am going back to Singapore for summer holiday and will be in Singapore for a month or so. If possible, I like her to start to get familar with us mid July in Singapore. Can it be done? If yes, do I have to pay for her ticket to Singapore then? (because she needs to get out of HK anyway). Of course, I will start paying her salary from the day I employed her.
    might have to be worked out, coz the previous employer is only responsible for buying a ticket to the Philippines, and i think the helper will probably need to be back in Philippines for paperwork anywyas? my agent also said she could ask for 'money' instead of the return ticket (for the same amount), as long as there is written consent so the prevous employer is protected as well. and maybe you pay the difference to singapore? but you need to verify that, as there is immigration process invovled as well.

secretsquirrel is offline Registered User

Thanks, Kellyst for the reply.