Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Oversleeping

bumpyhumpy is offline Registered User

Oversleeping

Hello everyone!

Where can I get information or articles that can help me understand and perhaps lessen my worry regarding my baby? He is already 9months old and he sleeps a lot. It's like he's asleep for almost 24/7.

I really want any information about how much time should a baby at a particular age should sleep the most.

jools is offline Registered User
    According to Elizabeth Pantley in the 'No Cry Sleep Solution', a nine month old will on average be sleeping 2 1/2 to 4 hours nap and 11-12 hours at night. She hastens to add that these are averages and does NOT represent unbroken hours of sleep. So in total a nine month old would on average sleep for 14 hours a day. How long is your little one sleeping for? It's worth keeping a sleep diary if you have a concern and chart the actual times they go to sleep and wake up. You will then have a clear picture of what is going on.
    I can also recommend the 'No Cry sleep solution' as she goes into details of how we sleep, which you might also find helpful.
    Last edited by rani; 07-14-2007 at 09:48 AM.

lesliefu is offline Registered User
    According to Gina Ford, your baby should be napping an average of 2.5-3 hours and sleeping 14.5-15 hours....12 unbroken hours of sleep. Just for your reference! :)

Scroll to top