Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 19 of 87 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

symptoms

turtle is offline Registered User
    I have been watching this thread for some time and hesitated to post a reply.

Seems I have the opposite to you in that I don't have problems in terms of fertility but that I cannot hold onto them.... I have a truly wonderful 2 year old daughter but have since had 3 recurrent miscarriages. Am seeing Dr Ghosh who told me to go overseas for an opinion on what is going on, travelled to Melbourne last month and they seem to think I have a blood-clotting disorder that means I am getting blood clots around the placenta which is shutting off the oxygen and nutrients to the baby.

Have been told to go ahead and get pregnant again and start daily Heparin injections as soon as I know I am prego. They reckon I will have a 70% chance of a successful pregnancy with this medication. Sounds all good, and am happy with the stats, but after 3 miscarriages I just am not sure how much more I can go through.

All three babies lost around the 11 week mark, what I consider to be fairly late.

I am happy that I have a potential answer but cannot seem to get out of the 'fog' of not having produced another one yet. All I want is one more and I cannot seem to do that, it is eating me up, I seem to be too fixated on the problem, am worried that if I try again it will all end in tears again.

Thought I was stronger than this, but I seem to be in a complete blur in everyday life. Was going to go back to uni but everything on hold until #2 arrives, feel like things are dragging on and on, wondering if I am meant to have another, wondering what to do when my lovely daughter now goes to nursery 3 days a week without me.

Does anyone have experience using Heparin injections? Not worried about the actual injection, am fine with needles and to be honest if someone told me to drink cat's pees three times a day I would - the things you would do to produce, eh?!!!!

Feeling really low but trying not to show it too much. My thoughts go out to each and every one of you. I already have one so cannot complain, just finding it hard to get my head around this problem.

Anyone???

winniepooh is offline Registered User
    Hi Turtle,

I hope you won't be offended by what I have to say. Maybe it is just fate that you will only have 1 child. Anyway good luck with the heparin injections. Do let us know how you are getting on.

MayC, thanks for the contact of Wang Ling.

brightstar is offline Registered User
    Hi Turtle

So sorry to hear what you are going through. To some of us who have trouble geting a BFP in the first place having miscarriages seems probably less of a problem but I know it is emotionally the hardest thing. I have heard of aspirin tablets or heparin injections, sometimes I think docs prescribe both to thin the blood and it is safe to take in pregnancy etc.

My FS suggested I take baby aspirin too but I immediately started nose bleeds so can't continue it - anyway my reaction showed I didn't need it anyway. I guess I have other things to worry about.

There are few other girls here who are in the same boat as you, ie TTC#2 problems. Again I think to us TTCs#1 this might look like "what are you talking about you already have a kid" but I believe everyone who is in this game no matter whether no.1 or no.4 is up for some serious emotional and physical rollercoaster so I don't think it'a actually fair to say "maybe you were only meant to have 1 child"

Winniepooh, I am sorry to say this but this is a support thread, so lets try and keep it that way. We have enough people around us telling us to just relax and what's meant to be will be to get the same answer on the forum too.

Turtle, I believe it will all work out in the end, maybe life just throws at us a challenge or two to realise how precious is what we are trying to get here.

Wish you all loads od babydustpink

turtle is offline Registered User
    Winniepooh, I can only assume from your response that I have offended you and for that and any others that might not have liked my post I apologise.

I acknowledge the huge differences between TTC#1 and #2. I hesitated for some time before posting my message, but I could see that there were a number of TTC#2s on the thread and that no-one had any objections to this.

Wish you all the best of luck.

brightstar is offline Registered User
    Turtle don't worry this is a place for all of us and there is a great support here.

I know what you mean about not showing your concerns to people around, it gets so hard after a while.

Just yesterday I was at work making myself a cuppa and another girl was cutting up some fruit so I was like wow that's heathy and she immediately told me how she just found out she was preggers, and gave me the whole run down on how her hubby is over the moon and her first kid pointing at her belly etc - well I said nothing and was very happy for her - but thought how unfair that I can't say the same or make her at least realise I actually had a m/c few days before that.

One lesson taken from this - when I do finally have a growing little thing in my belly, I think I will try to be a lot more considerate to people around me, especially those who I don't know.

Hey MayC, how did your hubby go?

snagito is offline Registered User
    Hi Turtle,
    I thought your post was very brave. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time and I hope that you have success with TTC2. Hang in there.

winniepooh is offline Registered User
    Hi Turtle,

That is all right. Hang in there. Do everything that is however reasonable or unreasonable and leave everything to the Greater Power Up Above.

TTC#2 is offline Registered User
    Hello! Hello!

Welcome to all the newcomers. As my name indicates, am TTC#2. Yes we are blessed with one lovely LO, but am not ready to give-up on #2 yet.

Turtle, so sorry to hear about your MC. Hope the heparin shots will help you.

AF is finally over. A friend just returned from China and brought back a box of OPKs for me. She also got HPTs for RMB4 a strip. Amazing how cheap they are over there. Am going to start testing from CD 9.

MayC, thanks for sharing the name of your TCM. Was thinking of making an appt with her. Will also give temping a go. How were hubby's results? Hope everything is ok.

Lots of babydust to all. Lets start the BDing!

Page 19 of 87 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast