Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

 
Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

symptoms

  1. #273
    Gemma is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    136
    Hi girls

    Sorry I haven't posted earlier, but my hubby and I are incredibly superstitious about the 12 weeks rule :)

    We managed to conceive successfully on our second IUI cycle, and feel so, so blessed. It's been a long journey of highs and lows, and we consider ourselves so incredibly lucky. I know there are so many others who are still trying and going through the emotional turmoil. It really is a journey few people understand unless they have been through it themselves, in my opinion.

    Things I did different for THAT cycle (although I am not sure whether anything made a difference except for point no.1):

    1. Doctor upped my dose of FSH injections so I had 2 mature follicles (maybe there were another 2, we weren't sure if they would release, but there were definitely 2 good ones)
    2. I exercised a bit more (having said that, that's only like once a week compared to once a month)
    3. started taking Materna 2 months before
    4. Was pre-occupied with something else during the 2ww and almost did not think about the whole thing. In fact I was so convinced it wasn't going to happen that I booked a trip to NYC for some "girly downtime", and had to cancel my ticket at the last minute, one week before I was going to fly.

    I never had any symptoms, except maybe towards the end of the 2ww, I was getting a bit sleepy with heavy eyes in the afternoon, and strange twinges in the cervical region-not like normal period cramps, more an inside pain feeling, which would only last for a few seconds.

    So I am praying that everything will be ok from here and I just want to let you all know IT DOES HAPPEN, and IT WILL. Please keep the faith, thank you for all your prayers and I am thinking about all of you - hkiegirl, coolgirl, mayC and everyone else.

    I hope someone else will post good news here real soon!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of babydust!!!

  2. #274
    coolgirl is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    46
    Congrats Gemma, awesome news!! mine ended up in a chemical preg :(
    Hope 2010 is THE year!! Baby dust to all

  3. #275
    Gemma is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    136
    Thank you very much MayC and coolgirl. Best of luck to you guys, and yes, so important to think positive!!!!

  4. #276
    hkiegal is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    124
    MayC, sorry to hear your news, please stay positive and best of luck on your next cycle of FET!!

    I have just started my 1st IVF last friday, will post how everything goes, doctor suggests no less than 2 embryos for me at my age, going to be 40 this yr.

    How are the rest of the gals doing??

    Congrats on your great news Gemma!!!!

  5. #277
    Gemma is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    136
    Thank you hkiegal!! We'll be watching this space and hope to read of good news real soon!!

  6. #278
    Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by MayC View Post
    hkiegal, good luck. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you. I'll be doing my FET next month.
    Hi MayC,

    Sorry your IVF didn't work.

    I'm waiting for the results of my first IVF at the moment. If it doesn't work, how soon can they do an FET - is it just at the next cycle? Do they simply do the embryo transfer after ovulation or do you have to have injections etc. leading up to it?

    Many thanks, best of luck with your FET.

    Alex

  7. #279
    Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    510
    MayC, try not to think like that. I know it is difficult but often IVF is not the last resort - and certainly because the first one fails does not mean that others won't succeed. I have read lots of stories of people conceiving on their second or third IVF or through other methods after that. Tough I know but keep your chin up.

  8. #280
    hkiegal is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    124
    Hi all,

    I went for my scan and blood test yesterday, after 5 days of jabs.(I am currently on Lucrin and Gonal F 375IU) During the scan, doctor said things seem to be looking positive, I have 6-8 follicles on each ovary, and we are now planning to implant 3 embryos back, if they are of good quality, giving me a 60% chance of conceiving one child, 35% conceiving twins, and 4-5% striking the jackpot. Since my hubby and I moved to Singapore last month, I am now with a fertility specialist in Singapore fo the IVF treatments. Anyway, doctor called back after he got the blood results, and he said I could cut down on my Gonal F to 300IU, I hope that means that I am responding to the drugs and it is a good sign!!

    MayC, when I was reading your earlier posts on another thread, that was when you were deciding whether to put back 1 or 2 embryos, I know how difficult the decision must have been for u at the time, as I am also struggling with this myself now. Is HK also the same as singapore, where multifetal pregnancy reduction is not allowed unless it is for medical reasons? As I am turning 40 this yr, I guess if I did strike the jackpot, the doctor would still probably advise me to reduce at least one of them. Honestly, now we are hoping that all goes well and just want to succeed, and if we did, then the thought of having twins or even more make us wonder if we could really cope with that, both physically and financially, how contradicting!

    MayC, I have actually read a lot of cases where ppl succeed on their FET cycle, so by all means, don't give up, have faith in yourself and the doctor!!!

    I will keep you posted on my news!! My next scan is sat morning, by then, I should know when I can go in for the ET.

    Wish me luck!!!

Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. symptoms or lack of
    By NewBabyLA in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 01:24 PM
  2. WARNING: some symptoms for twin mums
    By Camka in forum Pregnant with Multiples
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-15-2010, 01:13 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2009, 08:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Scroll to top