Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

symptoms

Adrianna is offline Registered User
    Good luck hkiegal! My AF hasn't come yet. I've drunk herbal tea, a glass of red wine, etc. I cannot resist anymore, waiting and waiting. It's on time anyway, but being in Guangzhou and having to plan my departure and, eventually, booking a night in a HK hotel, I'm only stressed by this (for now). A big hug to you, to MayC & Liquorice!
    A **** to dimsum mom who I didn't read these days...

Thank you MayC. When I wil come to HK I will buy the vitamins you tell me about. I will start the injections and I will take the vitamins. Have you done by yourself the hormonal injections? It is easy to do so?

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Hi MayC,

I have just started the hormones for the FET today. I called the clinic this morning to tell them that my period had started, as requested, and they asked me to start the drugs immediately. You can do it without any drugs, just on a natural cycle, but my cycle is usually all over the place so my doctor wanted to control it. I am taking HRT (hormone replacement therapy) which I always thought was for menopause so I was a bit surprised. Daily injections at the same time every day and then tablets three times a day at the same time every day. I do this for 12 days, have a scan and then they will do the embryo transfer 3.5 days later. Not sure what they are scanning for since I think the hormones are supposed to repress egg development. Maybe they are looking for how thick the uterus lining is? I didn't get to speak to the doctor today so not all my questions are answered. I will need to continue taking the tablets 3 times a day until the pregnancy test. Plus all of the progesterone support I took last time. I haven't had a break since my first round of IVF so I think after this I will take a few months off before I consider what to do next as I will need to give my body a break from all of these hormones.

The good news is that it will cost around HK$13k. Cheaper than I thought.

Adrianna, I personally found the injections quite easy. I was worred at first but got used to it very quickly. They are subcutaneous (into the skin/fat not muscle or vein) so you can just stick them in your belly. They didn't really hurt me that much so I didn't mind doing them at all. Just be careful when you are doing some of the really important ones - like the ovulation trigger injection which needs to be done at a specified time. While I was doing mine I dropped the saline solution on the floor, the bottle smashed and I lost it all - at 10 o'clock at night. Fortunately I had a spare saline bottle from another type of injection but don't know what I would have done otherwise.

Thank you Liquorice. In that case, I will do the injections by myself too but I thing the really important one maybe I will do it in the hospital 'cause that period of time I will stay stable in Hong-Kong, close to the Sanatorium. I will see.

MayC, I've just come back home, I was to the Mannings but here in Guangzhou they don't have Materna vitamins (as a matter of fact I didn't see anything pre-natal). Plus, everything is in Chinese, very difficult to understand or making yourself understood. So frustrating sometimes...

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    Just had my triggering shot, I will post after the ER.

Now please wish me luck!!

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Good luck hkiegal!! I have started positive visualization for you already....all the best.

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    Liquorice, good luck on your FET cycle too!!

:babydustb

Good luck with your FET, Liquorice!
    hkiegal, good luck in your ET. All the best and many, many...good eggs!
    Dear MayC I will do the same with the injections. The first 5 days by myself, after maybe I can get the nurse for this. Today, this late morning, my period came (finally). I called the Sanatorium but I couldn't speak with anyone so I left a message and I wrote an e-mail to the nurses desk and to my doctor. Now I prepare my departure for this evening maybe by the last hour train.
    Manning has a Pharmacy section in here too but is full of Chinese medicine and Centrum vitamins. So for now I'll wait and buy in Hong-Kong. I keep post it and good luck to all of us! I just feel we will have our little tiggers this year.A big hug and maybe tomorrow evening hear /read you again...

Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast