Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 38 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

symptoms

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    MayC, I am taking Estrofem tablets which are estrogen - 2 of them 3 times a day - and then Lucrin injections once a day, which I believe are intended to stop ovulation. I stop the injections on day 12 but continue the tablets until the pregnancy test.

Regarding the cost of the FET, the nurse said approximately $13k. I think she said that the clinic cost would be $6k and my doctor's charge $4k. I have paid almost $2k for all of the tablets and the injections. So I guess the other $1k will be for blood tests/progesterone support after the transfer...

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    Hi all, had my ER this morning, doctor said he retrieved 14 eggs, but quality varies, so he will call me back tomorrow to see how many got fertilized and the quality of them. Hopefully, there should also be some left to freeze too. But he did mention that if the quality is not that good, he might do a 2 day transfer.

Now I am a little worried if the embryos will make it in my womb, also feeling a lot of cramping too, so will rest a lot these few days before the ET.

I know I have all your support out there, so will be positive!!

Adrianna is offline Registered User
    Hi girls. I've just came back from Hong-Kong. So, I made the day 2 blood test first hour in the morning; after this the doctor saw me (we did an ultrasound, very uncomfortable for the 2nd day of the period), said it's a normal situation for my age and gave me the injections for the first 5 days. The nurse taught me how to do and , you've all right, I think it's quite easy (at least these at the beginning). I asked about blastocyst and my doctor said that probably will be a day 3 transfer, because maybe at my age I will not produce such a high number of eggs. I asked about Materna vitamins and she told me to take some folic acid for preparing, cause Materna (like other ones) have more vitamins and some of them could be uncomfortable for me in this period of treatment (can cause to the body some surplus of vitamins). I don't know if you share this opinion, but I wrote it to you just in case.
    So, let's hope for the best.

MayC don't regret your decision. I know we are very enthusiastic about this but for me it's the first time and everything's new. You've taken a good and wise decision to give a short break to your body, and try again with more determination and strength. I know you will have what you wait for, I just feel it!

A big hug to everybody.

Adrianna is offline Registered User
    Hkiegal, I am with you! I was writting my post and I didn't see your message. I understand that the quality varies, but hey, you had 14 eggs! Good job! Imagine what suppose to do the women in Europe where most of the time they make you produce maximum 4 eggs. So, take a good good rest and stay with us for being positive.
    A big hug!

Want to share this with you girls immediately, doctor called to say out of the 14 eggs he retrieved yesterday, 13 were of good quality, however, my hubby's sperms were not so good, but they still managed to fertilized 12 of them. So, I am going back for the ET on sat afternoon, at 1:30pm.

I was a bit worried yesterday when the doctor said the eggs were not all good, but now, I feel so much relieved, I know I still have a long way to go, but knowing that u girls are thinking of me and supporting me, gives me great reassurance!!

Adrianna, you are now doing what I did a week ago, hang on there, and hope that you will have lots of good eggs too!!

Let's soldier on together!!

That's good news hkiegal. I had ten eggs collected and only 6 were fertilised the first time.

So how many will the doctor put in?

My doctor also said my eggs were not all good - they picked the best two for the fresh transfer - but when we discussed the FET (because I figured it would be doomed to failure if you're using the worst embryos!) he said that often the ones they think are not so good succeed anyway.

Adrianna - I have been taking materna for ages and didn't have any problems with it through the IVF. However, at the clinic they told me that I didn't need to take it, only Folic acid. But they also told me not to wear perfume for two weeks or scented moisturiser and various other things which I had never heard before....

Liquorice, how far along are you on your FET cycle now?

Doctor is putting back 3 embryos on sat, since it is a 3 day transfer, I guess more is better to ensure that at least one will make it to implantation.

Good luck to all of us!!

Page 38 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast