Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 39 of 87 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

symptoms

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    MayC, I didn't even know the thawing process was an issue - hadn't even thought about it. Do embryos commonly not survive? I have a scan next Friday (12th) and then the transfer on the 16th or 17th I think... I only have four frozen too.

Adrianna is offline Registered User
    Hi Liquorice! My doctor didn't say Materna is not ok, just said that maybe some of vitamins, in more quantity now could give me some uncomfortable symptom (because of the injections done right now). For example, sometimes after the injections you feel a little bit hot and some vitamins warm the body too. I interpreted like this. But she said I am right to prepare my body and gave me Folic acid, too. I didn't know about perfume, they told me not to make-up and do not colour my nails on the day of egg retrieval. About the eggs, the same was told to mee. A very good italian embryologist said to a friend of mine that the most beautiful eggs on day 3 are not always the best ones on day 5 and viceversa. So, sometimes, for that reason they prefer blastocyst transfer because very often the eggs they think are not so good succed and have a very good evolution. The strange things of the nature! A big hug to you...
    Hi hkiegal! Good luck to you on Saturday! My doctor said the same thing to me: she will put back 3 embryos to ensure that at least one will make it! I am with you!
    Hear/read you soon...

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    hi ladies
    thank you adrianna for pointing me to this thread!
    hkiegal - good luck on your transfer tomorrow. your fert rate is fantastic.

adrianna - the reason you're not meant to wear nail varnish is because you are undergoing anaesthesia. While you are under, they like to check your blood circulation, and checking your nail beds either hands or feet is a good indication of your circulation. If you cover your nails with polish they (nurses) can't monitor it properly.

MayC- that's great that you are cycling soon.

Liquorice - sometimes embryos can become fragmented during the thaw. The lab should be able to tell you what percentage of their frozen embryos make it to transfer. I think ICF centre has a very good thaw rate.

bye for now

You're right MayC. My diet is more or less balanced. So I shall see. Thank you very much.
    Yes, dimsum mom. They explained to me at IVF Center about covering with polish something like this: "We don't want your polish substance interfere with anaesthesia". Can you believe this? It seems more appropriate and professional your explanation. You are an expert! Thanks.
    One question though: What are the symptoms of these hormonal injections? I am in the 3 rd day of them and I don't feel almost anything. It should be like this?
    a big hug to all of you!

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    Thank you so much for all your support, girls!!!

I am being very positive and I know we will all make it!!

Adrianna, I didn't feel much difference while on the injections too, though towards the end, I got tired quite easily, and would literally slept like 10-12 hours a day!!

Will post after the ET tomorrow, and let you all know how the embryos are doing.

Good night!!

Thank you hkiegal. I was afraid it wasn't work because I didn't feel much difference.
    I wish you all the possible luck! I am with you, I will pray for you.
    I wait your post after ET and hope for THE BEST!
    Good night to you too!

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    ET was done this afternoon, doctor transferred 3 embryos back, and we are freezing the remaining 7. They were of 8-cell, not sure what that means, but I think doctor said they were good. As I mentioned earlier about the quality of my hubby's sperms were not so great, ICSI was done to bypass this problem.

Now I am just going to be lazy and take it nice and easy for the next 2 weeks, and I will be checking on this thread to see how you girls are progressing and wishing all of us the best of luck!

MayC, we haven't forgotten about you, and hope that this month will give u lots of rest and make u well prepared for your next cycle of FET!!!

Adrianna, let us know after your 1st scan, and good luck!

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    hi hkiegal - eight cell is good. one of the requirements for a "good grade" embryo is that it divides evenly. an eight cell is better than a nine cell. we did ICSI as well.

glad there were seven good quality embryos to freeze, that's wonderful. i hope you feel a lot of peace and the 2ww passes smoothly. feel free to vent or analyze any possible symptom or non symptom!

adrianna, waiting to hear from you, and may, getting excited about your next cycle.

Page 39 of 87 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast