Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 50 of 87 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

symptoms

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    hi ladies
    adrianna - lovely liquorice is right. the spotting is normal. your girlie bits have had speculums and other instruments poking around them, and even though the drs tried to be gentle, it is likely that a [email protected] wall got scraped or your cervix, even.

hkiegal - it was once explained to me that transfer is like putting peanuts back into peanut butter. there's no way they can "fall out". also, even a blastocyst is unseeable to the human eye. so i think the toilet didn't get one of your lovely embryos! holding fingers and praying for you tomorrow, lovey!

may - i know what you mean about failing again. i had a string of failures and remember the heavy feeling. the best advice my husband could give me was, "If you don't swing the bat, you won't hit the ball".

Adrianna is offline Registered User
    Thank you girls. Very useful the information, Liquorice! I've read it all and save it.
    hkiegal GOOD GOOD LUCK TODAY!

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    hkiegal - hoping you hear from the clinic soon. xo

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    I tested this morning, first I thought I saw a very faint line, but when I checked earlier, it was gone, so........I might not have made it this time. Blood test is tomorrow morning, so meanwhile, I just take it easy and hope for the best!

MayC, with this cycle of FET, how many embryos are you planning on putting back?

Liquorice, good luck on ET tomorrow, and how many are you putting back too?

If I failed this cycle, I am thinking of putting 4 back next time, to increase my chance, does anyone know if there is any statistic that back this up?

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Hkiegal, is it two weeks tomorrow from the ET or do they do the blood test earlier than that? I really hope it works out but if it doesn't, please try to keep your chin up. I know what it is like. With my last failure I thought that I had a completely open mind and was prepared for the result to be negative, but when I finally took the test and it was negative it was a real blow. I cried for ages. The important thing is to keep positive - though I know it is difficult at the time. It doesn't mean it won't happen just that we have to try again. It will all be worth it in the end. I am still crossing all fingers and toes for you and hopefully you will have a good result tomorrow! With all of us on this thread you have an awful lot of good will and positive energy directed your way!

I am putting 2 embryos back in this time. I asked my doctor about 3 but he doesn't want to. I think that he doesn't want to risk all 3 taking, and he was talking about the possibility of having to terminate one of them if they were all successful - saying that this was too emotionally difficult.

I don't know the statistics on number of embryos vs likelihood of success but I shall try and find out.

Take care.

MayC, my doctor doesn't do blood tests at all though. He just told me to do a HPT. I asked if he would do a blood test to confirm that it was definitely negative but he didn't want to. He said he would do one to confirm positive but not negative. I'd love to have the results earlier though. Do you think I should just tell him that I want a blood test and insist on it?

Thanks MayC, I'll talk to my doctor when I go in on Saturday.

Does anybody know whether it is particularly harmful to take too much estrogen?

I am supposed to be taking 2 tablets four times a day now but I (very absentmindedly) keep forgetting whether I have taken it - probably because I have spent weeks and weeks and weeks popping pills so am getting confused. It is important for me to take because my uterus lining is only JUST thick enough and I need to keep taking a high dosage to make sure it is okay for the ET. If I end up taking it 5 x a day by accident is that likely to be a problem?

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    I was told to come back 2 weeks after ET, which will be tomorrow, to do a blood test. I wish I knew I could actually do this blood test earlier, because like Liquorice, I would rather know it earlier and if the cycle fails, I could stop the cyclogest immediately, these pessaries are making my skin "raw" down there, and so uncomfortable, even worse than taking the injectibles!!

Thank you so much for all your support, but I have come to terms that this path will not be easy and I will try to stay positive and hope that one day, it will be my turn!

Page 50 of 87 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast