Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

symptoms

Adrianna is offline Registered User
    Hi girls. Hkiegal don't give up! We wait until tomorrow and after you'll see the blood test result we speak about it...I spoke with a friend of mine and her HPT was negative but...she resulted pregnant! So, let's wait.
    After yesterday ET (Thursday) my doctor gave me 2 forms for blood test: this Monday for progesterone level and one week later, same day, for pregnancy. I calculated and I think there are 11 days, so less than 2 weeks.
    Liquorice good luck tomorrow!

hkiegal, read on this:
    Embryo Transfer Procedure for In Vitro Fertilization IVF

"About 9-11 days after the transfer (9 days for day 5 transfer and 11 days for day 3 transfer), we do a blood test to find out if she is pregnant. If embryo implantation has occurred, HCG hormone will be detectable in the mother's blood at that time.

How soon can I do a pregnancy test after IVF? We don't recommend doing a urine pregnancy test (HPT) after IVF. The reason is that there are a lot of falsely negative results. We have seen many beautiful babies born after the wife called us to say that she took a home urine pregnancy test that was negative. A blood test is needed because it is much more sensitive and reliable".

coolgirl is offline Registered User
    Yes...blood test is more accurate. I did a HPT at home on day 28 and it was a clear negative and they next day blood result came positive!! It takes few days for HCG to be detected in the urine so dont trust HPTs. Also, your progestrone level is a slight indication for a positive preg. With the value of the day 21 progestrone test you may be able to guess a bit.

I am finally preg after years of trying!!! Dont lose hope ladies.I had no symptoms like nausea or sore breasts or tiredness till week 6. The only symptom I had was cramping in my lower abdomen. Other than that I was craving for carbs- potatoes and rice.
    Baby dust to you all

hkiegal good luck today! we wait you on line later!
    Liquorice a big hug and wish you the best. Good luck.
    Coolgirl, thank you for the information. So, my blood test on this Monday could give me a hint for an eventual pregnancy. But I will not know the result until one week later when I'll come to HK to do the blood test. Anyway, I wait.....
    Baby dust to all of us!

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    hkiegal - thinking of you today, lovey.

i agree with everyone about blood tests being far more accurate than HPTs. adrianna's paragraph sums it up perfectly.

liquorice, i will do some digging around, and ask some friends on another board about your estrogen question. we're all on different time zones so it may take me a while to get the right answer, but i will ask.

xoxoxo

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    Hi, my blood test result came back and doctor said it was positive. However, the number is on the low side so he wants me to go back for another blood test on monday. He said the reasons could be the implantation was later than usual or that the quality of the embryo was not as good as expected. So either way, I need to be monitored closely by him. I don't know if I am pleased with the result being positive or not, I think I am more worried than actually finding out if the cycle had failed!

Thanks for all of you girls out there thinking and praying for me, this support is priceless and I will keep on staying positive and hope the monday blood test is back on track!!

Hope your ET went well Liquorice!!

Have a nice weekend girls!! :)
    Last edited by hkiegal; 03-20-2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

I think that's a very good news hkiegal! You will be monitorized, but the important think it's they (embryos) stayed! YOU HAVE THEM GIRL! A big hug and let's hope this is only the beginning...a good one....

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    Congratulations HKIEGAL! hooray!
    i know your beta number is low...but you are over the first hurdle. praying that your number doubles in the next 48 hours.
    thank you for being so thoughtful and letting us know the results...i've been checking here all day as i bet the others have too!

liquorice, i haven't heard anything, but i tend to agree with may. the importance of having the triple lining is important for implantation after transfer, and as may mentioned, estrodial is temporary. i think you're okay. how did ET go?

adrianna, how goes the 2ww?

Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast