Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 54 of 87 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

symptoms

augustbump is offline Registered User
    Hi HKiegirl

i have been following this thread these couple of weeks.

i am sorry that this cycle was not successful for you.. but you have the right spirit... so please dont give up!have a good cry if you need to.. and then decide what you want to do next when you think you are ready.

i am undergoing a fresh cycle of ivf myself and will have my beta test this friday. But I understand how you feel as I had failed cycles in the past.

it WILL be your turn soon.

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    I am going back for an appointment in about 2 weeks time to discuss what we should do next, he wants me to have at least 1 normal cycles before trying again. If things goes well, I should get my period sometime this week, then again in late april, so by May, I should be back on track for FET.
    I will be doing a bit of travelling next month, so will be good for me and my body to take a rest from all this medication. Hubby and I are going to Bali for a spa retreat next weekend, will be nice to take my mind off this for a while.

Welcom augustbump, and good luck on your beta on friday!

Thanks for all your support for the past few weeks, I will be back!! :)

Adrianna is offline Registered User
    hkiegal read this:
    It is not unusual for you to have some vaginal spotting or bleeding prior to your pregnancy test. Approximately 50% of our pregnancy patients have spotting prior to pregnancy tests, or even afterward. THINK POSITIVE! You must have the blood work drawn even if you think your period has started.

source: Patient Instructions

hi girls, again! I have one question for you:
    This morning I had my blood test (I think for progesterone level). They called me an said that doctor saw the results and there are normal, so I must continue the medication. Do you know what means this? I mean they are able to know if I could be pregnant or not?
    The test for pregnancy it's next Monday though...

hkiegal I am sorry but I think you have the right philosophy for the next cycle. I was researching and writing for you and I didn't read your post about the final results and decision. It's good you can go out, to treat you well the body and the mind. I think the next one is the good one my friend. A big hug.
    Augustbump welcome and good luck! Cross the fingers for you...Liquorice, the same!
    That's it...Girls if someone knows tio interpretate my above message let me know...

Gemma is offline Registered User
    Hi Adrianna

I didn't go through ivf ( went through iui instead) but I think the principles are the same as they tested me for my progesterone levels after the iui procedure and during the 2 ww. I was on progesterone suppositories at the time.

The progesterone levels I believe are one of the indicators of how likely you are able to sustain an early pregnancy. Sort of a bit like how sticky the uterine lining is to hold on to the embryo. Some doctors don't even believe in suppositories but a lot don't see the harm in them. It's reassuring that your levels are good which means at least the uterine lining should be in good form. In a normal menstrual cycle, the progesterone levels dip towards the end of the cycle, and that's a signal for the uterine lining to shed, which results in a period.

So although it does not have any bearing on whether the embryo took or not, good levels of progesterone suggests that the environment is a good one, which always helps!!! Best of luck!!!

Gemma is offline Registered User
    So sorry hkiegal to hear this cycle didn't take. But it's so important to stay positive. When I was trying to conceive I seriously trawled through every single thread you can google on symptoms, iui, ivf etc. You would not believe how many ppl wrote to say they tried with help for so long, and then took a break, sone went on holiday and bingo!!!! Natural conception. So keep having fun with hubby, you really just never know.

Thank you Gemma. I found very useful the informations. I think it has no sense asking the hospital to mail me the results (just to see the figures). I wait another 6 days and I will take them when do my pregnancy test. Thank you again.

Page 54 of 87 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast