Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 59 of 87 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

symptoms

Adrianna is offline Registered User
    Finally the news we wait for, Augustbump! A big hug, I feel better now....
    Thank you girls for your support, thank you so much!

augustbump is offline Registered User
    hi all

i actually asked the nurse if she got the right patient with the right result for the hcg test bc i tell you.. i was not at all convince one bit that i am pregnant. Having said that.. i am very happy but am optimistically cautious bc experience has also taught me that its too early of a pregnancy to celebrate.

my beta is 220 this time. I will go for another blood test in 2 weeks time but if i am worried.. i will go in earlier..

i have no symptoms at all.. so..keep your chin up.

mayC - i checked with the clinic today.. yes Dr Ho is out of town for a conference during easter. Its unfortunate that timing sucks for you but i think with your mom visit - you will be preoccupied happily.

talk soon everyone and thank you thank you thank you for everything

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    Wonderful news!!!!

Adrianna & Liquorice, you two are next to follow!!

Then it will be MayC and me........hehehe ;)

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Girls, some questions....

I was actually doing okay this first week of my 2ww, felt fine with no bloating or reactions or other symptoms. The only thing I noticed was that I couldn't concentrate on work or get motivated so I'm not being very productive at all and slipping behind on deadlines. Yesterday, though, I started to get very down and emotional for no real reason. Today it is even worse. I have spent the afternoon crying my eyes out and all I want to do is to go to sleep and make everything go away. I really am utterly miserable for no reason. So the questions:

1. One option is to take a sleeping tablet and go to bed (it is only 6pm) in an hour or so - I would need a tablet. But I have read mixed opinions on whether you can take sleeping tablets or not. Does anyone have a thought?

2. I called the clinic and asked if I could go for a run, I figure exercise will produce endorphins/make me able to sleep/blow out some of the depression cobwebs. I thought that you weren't supposed to exercise at all though, but they said I should do that rather than get stressed. I do run when I can but that ends up being rather infrequently therefore I'm not super-fit so it will be a stress on my body.

3. My husband thinks I should have a glass of beer or red wine to calm me and encourage sleep.

Which do you think is the best option for getting rid of this miserable state of mind whilst not risking chances of pregnancy/health of a potential fetus.

At least I have killed 15 minutes writing this bringing me closer to night and sleep...

hi Liquorice

The emotional roller coaster that you are going thru is normal. Crying, not able to concentrate, forgetful, sad, etc etc are all the normal traits that one goes thru during ivf. I had my fair share of tears and what not.

i am no expert in advising you whether you should or should not take the sleeping tablet.. best you consult with your doc in this regards. As for running- why dont you opt for brisk walk? that way you are meeting middle ground. I took a lot of walks this time round.. just to get out from the environment and to have a different scenery.

as for a glass of wine and beer-i think i am split on this.. i dont know if a glass of wine will help you to unwind ( i probably need 3)...but i think from my previous conversation with doc Ho.. he said to refrain from alchohol if possible. But did not say. a little sip is not ok either.

its so hard to keep sane these 2ww wait.. i think the general rule is not to over stressed your body.

i dont have the answers for you and sorry for not much of a help. I am not out of the woods yet .. its still a long journey for me.

i hope you will sleep better tonight knowing that tomorrow you will be ok too.

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Thanks August. A walk is good. Maybe a sip of wine. Good to know it is all normal.

Adrianna is offline Registered User
    August, why you've said it's too early of a pregnancy to celebrate. I understood that usually after another 2 weeks they check the size of the fetus and another detailes but this test was very important.
    Anyway, I wish you luck, I think you've made our day! It's so encouraging having good news! Even if I made peace with myself and I am not so hopeful like before...

hi Adrianna

the reason why i said that its too early of a celebration bc in the past I had miscarriages before at 7 weeks and 11 weeks respectively. So...this is just the initial steps of a long journey bc mother nature has a funny way of dealing with the universe. I am trying to be grounded. Dont get me wrong.. I am happy but just cautious.

i am happy to know that my little news bring encouragement to the rest of the ladies in the ivf journey. I never did write the complete history of my journey but suffice to say i have good and bad moments.

i hope you find the peace and calmness in you today.. i am not particularly religious but i do meditate and i think that help me tremendously.

i am still thinking of all of you ladies.

Page 59 of 87 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast