Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 66 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

symptoms

iolana is offline Registered User
    Pregnancies/miscarriage/children mentioned

Hi everyone. I've been lurking and following your thread and hoping for the best for all of you, but have been busy with the baby so not posting post much. So sorry to hear about the failed cycles, but congrats on the positive betas!

This site might be of interest to those of you with postive betas if you haven't found it already: The BetaBase. It has average betas for singletons, twins and triplets. Betas are interesting, but I wouldn't stress or get too excited about having twins as the beta is not definitive indicator.

My first pregnancy was about average for betas for a twin pregnancy and it was a twin pregnancy, although ultimately we ended up with a vanishing twin at 10 weeks. The betas for my second pregnancy was over the average for triplets! I was worrying myself silly for the 2 weeks until the ultrasound. But in the end it was one healthy singleton! (Dimsum Mum - I don't know how you manage! I was quaking in my boots to think of having triplets as well as my 3 yo. And now I find it a struggle to juggle two even with domestic help which I wouldn't have back home.) So the betas may or may not be an indicator.

hkiegal - Sorry to hear that you are in beta limbo, but as one of the other posters said it is definitely a good sign that your body is capable of implantation. Hope you will have definite news soon so that you can either celebrate or move on to your next cycle.
    Last edited by iolana; 04-01-2010 at 05:55 PM.

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    Adrianna, I had one shot of pregnyl on day of ET, then one shot 2 days later, another shot 2 days after the 2nd shot. Like Augustbump said, this is to make my body "think" I am pregnant so to accept the embryos. All the while, I was on progesterone twice daily, and also on tablets morning and evening (can't remember the name).
    My doctor mentioned that for a FET cycle, I would also need to take these 3 shots of pregnyl. I guess different doctors have different protocols, let's share all our experience here on this forum!
    Are you going to rest for one month and start FET in May?

iolana is offline Registered User
    hkiegal - For my FET cycles with Dr Ho, they were all natural cycles. I would use an ovulation kit and Dr Ho would confirm ovulation using blood tests and ultrasound. Transfer was either 3 days or 5 days after ovulation depending on whether the embryos were 3 or 5 day. After the transfer, I only used the progesterone pessaries twice a day. Besides that, I did acupuncture to improve my health generally and to improve the chances of implantation. Don't know whether the acu helped, but the chance to nap two lunchtimes per week during my acu appts probably did help reduce stress and get me more rested!

Adrianna is offline Registered User
    Yes, hkiegal if I feel prepared probably I will do the ET on May. I didn't start immediately, even if my period came on the same day of beta test (so my body functioned like a good oily machinary) because I couldn't bear it. Just like that.
    So, I wait the next period and see what to do. I do it because I have these 2 embryos wainting for us and I think it's right. I hope everything will be fine even if the IVF Center said sometimes the frozen ones could be lost in the process but...I still hope ....
    I talked with my husband and we decide that if the FET will not be ok, the next try will do it in Spain probably where is another level of profesionalism and responsability. But, I still don't want to be negative 100% because august, liquorice just gave us a wonderful news so maybe...maybe..it will work it and for me (us).
    A big hug girls!

Adrianna is offline Registered User
    MayC don't read my post! I am very negative these days and you don't need that!
    I probably need more days to forget how I was treated and how supposed to be treated when you suffer. But once I step down for a while and empty my soul, I become more positive, just the same who posted here before.
    So, cheer up and be optimistic! Some more days and I be able to support you and to do this way together...again.

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Yes, hkiegal any news?

Hope you are feeling better Adrianna.

augustbump is offline Registered User
    hi liquorice

how are you feeling? do you still need to do a blood test today?keep us posted!

adrianna and mayc - am happy to hear that you girls are fighting back and feeling much better and more positive.

am trying to keep busy and not over thinking the whole situation. i have a doc appointment on april 13 to do a scan. i believe i will be 7 weeks then..fingers crossed...

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies,

I went for another blood test this morning, and just now, the doctor called me back to tell me that my numbers are still going up! He said my placenta is still growing but i am just puzzled by this, I failed my cycle so what is my placenta growing for??

I will go and see him tomorrow morning for a scan to hopefully rule out the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy.

Hope everyone had a nice Easter holiday, as I certainly did, Bali was great and I came back with a fabulous tan!! :)....not to mention that I had lots to drink over this holiday!!!

Page 66 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast