Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 67 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

symptoms

augustbump is offline Registered User
    hi hkiegal

i think this is very exciting!i hope you will bring positive news to us later today.. fingers crossed for you.

in hindsight.. maybe all the drinks in Bali helped!

x

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    I went to see the doctor this morning, and on the ultrasound, we could see a sac in my uterus, so the possibility of an ectopic pregnancy has been ruled out. I am 4 1/2 weeks pregnant according to the sac, but I should be 6+ weeks. My HCG level is still on the low side, so doctor said this would not be an viable pregnancy. To wait til my hormones reach its peak, it might still take some time, so now, it lies on me whether I want to wait til it peaks then drop or end it right here and then. What would u do??

Btw, my HCG yesterday was only 1550, on 31/3 it was 456.
    I had my ET on 6/3, all data shows that I am at least 2 weeks behind.

hi hkiegal

i agreed with mayc.. trust your body to do the right thing. it will know whether to keep the pregnancy or let mother nature do the right thing. Sometimes -doctors may not be 100% correct.

i know this must be difficult for you - so hang in there.

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Hey Hkiegal, I agree with MayC and Augustbump. Let your body decide what to do. Has your doctor offered no explanation as to why you could be behind like this now that eptopic pregnancy has been ruled out? Has he talked it through clearly with you? This must be very difficult for you, and worse because you are just hanging in limbo. When he said to wait until your hormones peak, did he give an indication of how long? Keep us posted, and take care x

One way of monitoring me is to take blood test regularly to chart when I have reached my peak point, but he said this could take weeks. He did explain clearly to me that it's the embryo not developing into fetus, which has something to do with the quality. Implantation is not a problem and IVF procedure is not the cause of it, to think the embryo has survived til now though its not a good one says that embryos can survive within my womb. He said this could have happened even in a natural cycle too, so he would rather I end it now and start a new cycle.

Am going for another blood test tomorrow morning, then will decide if I am doing the procedure tomorrow night. Luckily, I should recover very quickly and be back on schedule for FET in May.

Too bad this one is not meant to be, but it sure is strong and hangs in there.......almost as strong as me!! Haha :)

Am travelling next week, that is why doctor would like to clear this before I go and give me a peace of mind.

Thanks for all your support, and i will hang in there!!

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Oh I see, so there is no chance that the embryo will develop into a fetus? No chance at all? That is a bit different then. Maybe ending it so you can start a new cycle is not a bad idea.

Ladies, do you know whether if you have a miscarriage after an IVF procedure whether the symptoms are the same? In a natural conception miscarriage you start to bleed, right? But if I am taking so much estrogen and progesterone artificially then would I bleed if I had a miscarriage? Or is that a stupid question?

Enjoy your holiday MayC.
    Last edited by Liquorice; 04-06-2010 at 07:17 PM.

hi liquorice

in my previous experiences, i had bleeding.. heavier flow than normal menstruation.. and maybe a little too much information here.. but its "gunky" if you know what i mean. I had estrogen and also progesterone pessaries. Some cramping but other than that.. it was "manageable".

how are you holding up?

Page 67 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast