Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

symptoms

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Hi Hkigal, I'm fine now, was just panicking. This is my first pregnancy so no idea what to expect.

Glad you are well.

Did you read the article I posted? Makes interesting reading. Interesting also that they think that the egg retrieval process might traumatise the uterus so make implantation a little harder a couple of days later. It makes sense.

Good luck with your FET. Yours too MayC.

Adrianna is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies. I came back. I wasn't anywhere but I've felt down and hopeless and I thought was wiser to stay in silence and not overwhelm you with my fears and negativity.
    So, these being my premises, I am very happy for you dear Liquorice, enjoy these moments, I think all of us are with you!
    The same August mum!
    I am happy that you resolved the problem, hkiegal, and glad you are back on truck!
    As for me, I don't know exactly if I'll do the FET this cycle or next but I will read you, keep posted about this or just being here for you my dearest friends.
    Thank you Liquorice for the Reuters link about FET, very useful and brings me hope. I needed something like this.
    I had a terrible depression until my body throw out all the progesterone and that is the only thing I am afraid of. But with your beautiful news I learn to be more positive.
    A big hug to all of you!

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    Welcome back Adrianna!! :)

A big hug back Adrianna. Glad you are feeling better. You know you can always write if you want to express your fears and depression - and via private message if you don't want to write openly on the forum. I wouldn't want you to feel alone with all of this.

augustbump is offline Registered User
    hi all

happy to hear that adrianna is feeling more positive..i think its important that you feel good enough before you embark on fet.. there is no rush..and you can take some time to have a break from all the infertility treatment.

mayc - welcome back from your holiday. happy to see you in the forum again.

hkiegal - i think you must be feeling better after going thru your personal ordeal. hopefully - there will be a time when you think you are ready again to restart the journey.

liquorice.. how are you feeling?

as for me.. i had my scan last tuesday.. one heartbeat. i am 7 weeks pregnant now. Doc told me to be careful as the risk of miscarriage is higher for me due to my age. i take my battle each day at a time. At present.. bad nausea and metal mouth.. i shant scare you all abt these.. suffice to say.. i am managing as much as i can.

take care everyone x

Hi MayC, don't forget that I also failed my fresh IVF but succeeded with the FET so that makes three people you know....unless you were referring to me as the person in HK. I pray that it is the same for you guys too. Glad you had a great time in Shanghai and so glad that you feel refreshed and ready to go!!

August, when your doctor says to 'be careful', has he told you how - e.g. rest more, do not exercise, eat certain things etc.? At the moment I am still exercising quite a bit. Everything I have read says it is okay but sometimes I worry a little.

I go to see my doctor for the first time tomorrow but I don't know whether he will do a scan.

August, when you say 7 weeks do you mean from conception or how the doctors count it from the beginning of the cycle?

augustbump is offline Registered User
    you are right MayC...basically no contact sports. if you have been exercising all your life like running, swimming.. i suppose your body is used to that rhythm and that should not be a problem. Check with you doctor if you are unsure.oh.. dr ho also said " no sex".. as if that will happen!!

as for food.. there are no definite no- nos from him apart from the usual suspects of soft cheese, sushi, uncooked/raw food eg carpaccio etc etc.. i have no appetite these days.. so.. i stick to my basic staple of bread, rice, pasta.

as for the gestation of 7 weeks.. yep.. its calculated from the 1st of your last period.

good luck everyone with your FET cycles.. and baby dust to all of you

kazbo is offline Registered User

new to this all....

hello ladies

i thought i would join you and say hello. i have just gone through my first iui and found out today it that i am not pregnant (blood test at doctor's). i am also with dr ho as i think some of you are.

we can't start again straight away as we are going away for the long weekend so will be away for the day 2 scan and blood test (assuming the progesterone pessaries don't mess up the length of my cycle). so we have decided to start again next month and to go straight onto ivf. i am a bit apprehensive about this having read many different forums on it, including this one. i've been checking fertility friends (UK site) as that has a lot of people on it but it feels so distant since it's all happening in the uk and the situations/drugs/processes are different over here.

i am feeling positive but as my husband isn't much of a talker and i don't have a lot of close friends here in hk i think it would really help if i could join your thread and get a bit more support!

if you don't mind, could those of you who've done icsi/ivf with dr ho let me know a rough timeline/idea of procedures? kelly, his nurse, said it was the same as iui except for the egg retrieval but reading through your posts it seems there is a lot more involved. for iui i was on the lowest dosage of gonal-f, 75 iui, then had the trigger (ovitrelle?) at day 10, then iui on day 12, then 2 x progesterone pessaries everyday till today when i found out it had failed. how will things differ with ivf? also, do you do general anaesthetic with dr ho for the ER? he said not...

it's also tricky planning ahead as my husband travels quite a bit for work. i am lucky as i only teach part-time so can get away easily for tests etc - but am not stuck at home brooding all the time. though today i have been doing a bit of that ;-)

anyway, you can tell i have a lot to say - this being the first time i've posted online! so i'll shut up now...

hope to hear from you.
    kazbo

Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast