Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

symptoms

kazbo is offline Registered User
    Thanks MayC

Do you get a pen for the extra drugs you inject, like you do with Gonal-F? I hate needles but managed OK with Gonal-F as the injection was so quick (only a low dose so only one click) and because of the pen thing. I'm not sure how I would do with an actual syringe and all that jazz. How about the Ovitrelle (same as I had with my IUI). Last time I went to the Canossa for the injection rather than doing it myself.

Perhaps I got the wrong end of the stick then on ER - I'd rather be under general in case of any discomfort. But then general also makes you feel so drowsy and nauseous. Did you husband stay with you throughout this process? Also where was it carried out?

Thanks for any info you can give!

Kazbo

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Hi Kazbo,

I wasn't with Dr Ho but have had IUI, IVF and FET. I didn't get a pen for the other drugs (non GonalF drugs) but to be honest the needle is about the same size so I found it just as easy to do. Having said that, some people find it harder so I guess it is just personal.

The anesthetic I was under for the ER was a twilight anesthetic. It is actually morphine I think... Anyway it is supposed to put you under very well but not completely so no nausea or other side effects of a general. I woke up a bit towards the end and it was a little uncomfortable but no real pain as I was still so affected by the morphine.

And like yours, my husband also travels a lot. We had to just play it week by week to understand likely ER dates (he needs to 'donate' at the same time) and he would adjust his schedule accordingly. Fortunately he does lots of one or two night short haul flights and could be flexible in terms of shifting. We did just block off two weeks where he tried to only commit to travel at the last minute. You should be able to get a likely date for the ER as soon as you start the cycle but allow for flexibility. I took much longer to be ready than anticipated - almost a week as I recall - and that was even with increasing my GonalF significantly as well.

By the way, I don't think the progesterone pessaries will mess up your cycle. I didn't take them for IUI but I was taking them on my IVF cycle and my period came exactly two days after the failed test.

Good luck with it all! I think you'll find this forum very helpful. It is a tough time. As MayC said, a lot of us don't have many people to talk to about it all so it is real support being able to vent and get advice with other people going through the same thing.

Take care.

Thanks Liquorice - that's really useful stuff

Sadly my husband's work trips are dictated by his clients and non-moveable once they're in the diary - which tends to be months in advance! Still we can work around them.

However when you say it took you longer to get ready for ER, did your cycle end up being 5 weeks rather than 4 then? That could be a problem with the travel if so which my husband has deliberately tried to plan around the 4 week cycles...

So you have to mix your own drugs and suck them into the syringe and then puncture and plunge all yourself? Gulp. May have to enrol the other half for that!

The twighlight anaesthetic sounds like a good plan - perhaps I can request that.

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Kazbo, just looked at my diary. I started the IVF cycle on the 25th of Jan, had the ER on the 10th of February and the embryo transfer on the 12th. So actually I think it was only around 4 or 5 days out. The reason being that the eggs were not sufficiently developed. I also took longer than originally anticipated for the FET. I started the cycle on Monday 1st of March and didn't have the ET until the 20th - that is three weeks. This time the reason was because the uterus lining was not thick enough. I do have quite long menstrual cycles though - up to six weeks sometimes - so I am probably not a normal case. The doctor did comment often on how long I was taking.

Thanks a lot - very useful.

Anyway, enough about me, I'm not starting treatment for another month or so. How are you girls doing? MayC I seem to remember something about you getting your period this week? Does that mean you're starting treatment again?

Kazbo

coolgirl is offline Registered User
    MayC, what if AF doesnt turn up and suprise you with 2 pink lines

Good luck!

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    I am also waiting for my AF, which should fall in early May, at least we can cycle together! :)

augustbump is offline Registered User
    hi everyone

mayc and hkiegal....this will be a FET month for the both of you right? i wish you all gazillions of babydust .
    kazbo- welcome to the thread!
    liquorice - how are you feeling?

Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast