Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

symptoms

kazbo is offline Registered User
    Augustbump - so Dr Lam was just for this special test?

I start fresh IVF on my next cycle, in about 3 weeks. Enjoying a drug free life in the meantime and a few glasses of wine and coffee!

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    MayC, how did your appt go?

kazbo is offline Registered User
    MayC, Don't know if you can be bothered or want to spend more money but I used to get annoyed with those OPKs too so I bought the digital ones (also by Clearblue). They are much better as they just show a smiley face if you are surging.

Also, although Dr Ho doesn't think it makes a difference I read somewhere that if you do it in the afternoon and wait 4 hours after last going to the toilet they are more accurate. So that will help with the lines. Don't forget that the surge only indicates you will ovulate, not that you are actually ovulating. I sometimes take 2 days to ovulate after I see a positive on the OPK so that means if you are due to ovulate on Friday, you could see a positive on Wednesday afternoon. And of course you could just ovulate early with all the excitement and disruption... Dr Ho probably gave you an indication of when he thought you'd ovulate, no?

Try not to worry too much - I know it's useless my saying this! You will be fine, I'm sure...

Good luck with your pee sticks!

Gemma is offline Registered User
    Hi MayC

Thinking about you and hoping that things will go your way very soon. I too was obsessed with the OPKs. I used to have lines 2 days in a row and then I wouldn't know which day I actually had my surge. And like kazbo, I eventually got the digital ones, and just went on the smiley face. I hated how expensive they were though.

I had also read somewhere about doing the test in the afternoon. But then I remembered Dr Ho saying it's best to do it before midday, just as long as it's not first thing in the morning. Can't remember the exact reason, something about the levels being highest then??

Good luck, I know it's difficult to do, but try not to be too stressed. We are all here for you.

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Hey MayC. So you will have the FET just after you ovulate right? So that means at the end of this week? How exciting. Soon anyway...

Have you told your doctor that you are worried about not being able to tell that you've ovulated? They can tell by scan if you have or not (my doctor had looked to check whether I had ovulated in previous scans), though I'm not sure how soon after ovulation....maybe you should ask them. If they can tell then it might put your mind at ease - if you do miss it when it was expected then they can check whether it has happened or not...

And remember that article I posted about how FET is maybe more likely to work than fresh IVF.

Everything crossed for you... keep us posted.

MayC, I am so excited for you! Looks like you can have your ET next week, I am going to see my doctor tomorrow but my AF hasn't come yet. Like I said, if the doctor thinks my body is ready and there is no evidence that shows it will compromise the chances of succeeding, then I am ready too! But I am quite certain that I will be on a mediated FET cycle, so let's share our experience here!

:yeah2

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Hi Hkiegal, everything crossed for you too! Exciting times.

Kazbo, good luck in your fresh IVF cycle!!

Let's all support each other here and good luck to us!!

Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast