Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

symptoms

kazbo is offline Registered User
    Yes they are expensive - but I figured we are paying so much money for IVF anyway, what is an extra $300 - and they last for several cycles too if you are timing them right.

By the way, don't know if it will make much difference but I only lay in bed for 20-30 mins, not 40 mins when I had the suppositories/pessaries and most of the time that seemed to be enough to do the trick.

Woohoo! It's all happening now. And only two more weeks for me of waiting ;-)

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Just a note about OPKs - generally it's a positive when the test line is darker than the other line, not if there's a line there. They're different to pregnancy tests. They are very subjective though, harder to read... but I don't think you're looking for if a line is there, just if it's darker than the other line...

I'm not doing IVF or anything like that - I just read this thread because my friend just did a FET with donor embryos and she just found out this week that she's pregnant. Wishing you all the same luck! Stay positive :)

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    MayC, regarding the suppositories, ask your doctor if you can use Cyclogest. When I did the fresh IVF I used the progesterone gel (forget what it is called) twice a day that you insert with an applicator. When I did the FET, however, my doctor gave me cyclogest instead for some reason which was much easier. Just once a day and a solid suppository. I put it in at night so I'm lying down anyway and don't need to hang around in bed for no reason...

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    Hi, just wanted to ask something, were you instructed to take all medications at a specific time, i.e. 8 hours apart if to take 3 times a day, or 12 hours apart if it's twice a day?
    When I took my cyclogest during my fresh cycle, I took one before I went to bed (11-12pm), then one in the morning like 8am, then I stay in bed for another hour or so, I never thought much of it, but recently have read in other thread that the others actually time it so each time is evenly spread out. Was just wondering if you did, and if the doctor actually mention it with you?

Thanks!

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Hi hkiegal, they told me to try and take the medication at the same time every day but it is not always possible. They didn't specify that it had to be spread out equally though.

Through my FET (and actually still now and for another two weeks) I need to take Estrofem four times a day. I take it at 7:30, 12:30, 16:00 and 19:30. They never told me when to take it, just four times per day so I do it this way. Not that well spread - 5 hours, 3.5 hours and 3.5 hours between. Of course, then there is the 12 hours between the last one in the evening and the first one in the morning. I try and take them on time but cannot always so sometimes they are an hour or two out.

I take cyclogest just once a day, at night. I aim for 10pm but sometimes it is an hour or so later.

MayC, I don't know how you manage on such little sleep! I hope you get a chance to take naps during the afternoon. It must be exhausting for you. All of the hormones I've been taking all this time make me so tired. I really feel for you. Your doctor may just say that you only need progesterone once a day. I was twice a day on the IVF but just once a day on FET. And you should need less progesterone than me because you are having a natural FET - which means that you ovulate, so the corpus luteum forms when you become pregnant and starts producing its own hormones. I have no corpus luteum because I didn't ovulate on the medicated FET so my body doesn't produce its own hormones for weeks.

Gemma is offline Registered User
    *hug*

Don't feel too bad MayC. I was so spastic at reading them, I took pictures of the damn stick and emailed them to Kelly so she could read them for me LOL. She must have thought I was a real moron. It sounds so stupid but honestly, I was so obsessed about doing everything right after 18 months, the shades of the line started to blur.....

And yes, the progesterone supplements were such a pain. I didn't have a kid, but had to wake up extra early to make it in time to work.

kazbo is offline Registered User
    Hi MayC - sounds like hard work juggling your work, your daughter and the IVF. I hope your partner is being supportive!

I definitely recommend getting the digital OPKs - honestly there is no judgement involved - it either is a smiley face or it's not. If you want to stick to the other kind, check out this website, she had even more trouble than you!

POAS ~ OPK Odyssey

By the way, can I ask you and anyone else reading what day of your cycle you ended up having your ER and ET? I know Liquorice took a bit longer than 14 days so would be interested in other's dates. I am trying to plan a trip away and don't want to run into clashes with the big events on the IVF!

Thanks

augustbump is offline Registered User
    hi mayc and ladies

yes.. the agony of not knowing if you are ovulating or not! basically.. i check my cervical mucus daily to indicate if i am ovulating or not..and used the Pee sticks from dr Ho. the blood test is necessary for them to confirm that you are ovulating..

dont worry..it will come...

kazbo.. i believed i ovulated on day 16.. happy holiday planning

good luck everyone
    xxx

Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast