Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

symptoms

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    MayC, good luck, start the trail of BFP's, and I follow next!! :)

My period still hasn't come yet, and if the timing of FET falls within this month, I will go for it!!

Let us know how it goes tomorrow!!

augustbump is offline Registered User
    will be thinking of you MayC!x

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Good luck MayC!! I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you. You're right - be positive. Wishing you all the best.

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    Good luck MayC! :)

kazbo is offline Registered User
    Yes good luck (though I guess it will have happened by the time you read this.) Hope you're not too sore...

mela is offline Registered User
    Good luck MayC!!!

splitting snow is offline Registered User

IUI vs IVF

Hi everyone,
    I am 34 and TTC 2 almost 2yrs, have 1 blocked tube, and husband sperms are normal.
    I went to see Dr Lo and he recommended me to do an x-ray (hsg) with Lipiodol, to see if my tube is still blocked (since my last x-ray was 1-yr ago). If it is not, we can proceed with my first IUI.....if it is still blocked, have to wait till I ovulate on the good side, then try the IUI.
    We are comtemplating between whether to do the IUI or go straight for the IVF, since we are convinced that my tube is most likely still blocked, and don't want to waste any more time waiting for the good side to ovulate, and that we know the chances with IUI are low (8-12%).
    Then I read about the 5-day embryo transfer vs the 3-day embryo transfer, and learned that Dr Lo doesn't do the 5d. However, I feel that our chances to succeed on the 1st IVF would be much higher with a 5dt, but am afraid if we would have no eggs left to freeze if we let the eggs cultured for 5days. Since the cost of the 1st IVF is HK$75000, and the 2nd is only $5000-8000 if there are eggs left in the freezer. We don't want to have to spend $75K again if we need to do a 2nd (with no eggs left from the last time).
    I am torn between these options, does anyone have any idea or advice from similar situation?
    Also, we found Dr Lo really nice & attentive, and would like to stay with him, but also heard that Dr Philip Ho (HK Sanitorium Hospital) is excellent and he lab offers the 5dt.
    If anyone is also going thru the same thing, pls write me so we can share info.
    good luck to all!
    tks,

kazbo is offline Registered User
    Hi Splitting Snow
    I am by no means an expert but I was reading the NICE (UK's National Institute for Clinical Excellence) guidelines on fertility treatment and they said there was no compelling evidence that 5 day embryos were better than 3 day. Obviously I have heard the same as you so I am not sure what to believe but it was interesting that an impartial clinical guideline said this.

By the way, I think the FET (Frozen Embryo Transfer) from memory from the other girls on this forum is higher than $5-8k. Perhaps someone can add further info on this?

If cost is an issue I have also heard from a friend recently who recommended Professor Haines in Shatin (at the hospital) as he is a 1/3 cheaper than the HK island doctors.

I know MayC, who is probably recovering and not on email at the moment (as she has just had an FET) had 5 day embryos frozen, so I don't see why this would be a problem. She is with Dr Ho as am I and I am fairly pleased with him (haven't been to Dr Lo)

Hope this helps.

Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast