Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

symptoms

splitting snow is offline Registered User
    Hi Kazbo,

tks for your advice! As I have been reading so much the last couple days, I find that the more I read, the more confusing I am. Today, I am leaning toward doing the HSG first before jumping into IVF. Just because I read that the HSG x-ray may show any signs of Hydrosalpinx or mild Endo, and may even "flush" out mild debris thats clogging the tube. My blockage is at the very beginning of the tube where it joins the uterus (proximal blockage). So I am hoping this time the HSG will show a more clear image of where the problem area is, since the last time I did it in China, and the film wasn't that clear, it only shows fluid going thru good tube, and completely dark on the other side.

I am also hoping to do an IUI following the HSG (if the ovulation happens on the good side). Do you know if given injectibles, can eggs mature from both ovaries, in which case it wouldn't matter which side I ovulate, and would be great for me.

Thanks again & good luck to you & May C & everyone here!

kazbo is offline Registered User
    Yes when I did an IUI I had eggs on both side from the stimulation hormones. It will depend on your dosage though and how good a responder you are to the drugs. I hope it works well for you.

I also heard that the HSG clears your tubes and makes you more fertile for the following 3 months. I can't say that I could see all that much when they did mine though (and that was in HK). It is only really the doctor attending who can analyze what is happening - it's very confusing to the person looking on.

I am sure you are getting more confused! Sometimes in our thirst to regain control we go crazy with the research but if it is confusing you may be best to leave it to the doctor to advise you?

By the way, as you are young your chances on both IUI and IVF will be higher than if you are over 35, 37 or 38 etc.

Good luck with your decision!

Kazbo

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    Hi girls,

My period started this afternoon, just called the doctor to make an appointment in 2 weeks time, and start taking Progynova 3 times from tomorrow onwards. So I am on my FET cycle officially!!

MayC, how did your ET go? How are you feeling? Share with us if you are feeling any different from your last.

I am quite excited too, this cycle will just make it in time for me to get my results before I go away for my holiday.

How are the rest of the girls?

Hope everyone is well and good luck to all us!

splitting snow is offline Registered User
    Yes, we (women) tend to want total control over everything...hehe..and you are right Kazbo, I stopped reading for a day, and I didn't think about it much and felt more at ease with the decision, which is what Dr Lo recommended anyways, to go for the HSG.
    Although I am wondering if I am passing too many eggs on the blocked side, would it accumulate inside the tube and cause more blockage/fluid build-up? Because I remember Dr Lo said he wouldn't recommend IUI if the HSG shows that my tube is still blocked. I am planning to call his office on Monday to clarify that.
    We currently live in Xiamen, China, so we will have to fly to HK on the first few days of my period to prepare for the HSG. If you don't mind me asking, on what day did you start your injectibles for the IUI when you had eggs from both sides? And how many matured eggs did you have?

Tks,
    ss

I think the general rule is you have a scan on day 2 of your period to check there are no cysts and that your lining is correct thickness before starting injections on day 3. I also had various blood tests so that they could ascertain the dosage for the injections. I had definitely two mature follicles, possibly 3. It's not possible to know for sure with IUI as they don't retrieve them.

Glad you are feeling less confused!

Hi MayC

So glad that it went well! And glad you are feeling OK. Try not to think too negatively about what will happen afterwards - just assume it will work. There is nothing you can do now and it is all in the lap of the gods. If it doesn't work out you can deal with that if and when it happens.

Just think about all the people you know for whom the FET worked when the 1st cycle didn't (I for one know several). I'm sure it will work.

Don't forget your progesterone levels are good too so that is a good sign.

So good that you can find out so quickly - at least you don't have a long wait. And we are here to make the next few days as smooth as possible for you.

Courage! You can do it....

augustbump is offline Registered User
    happy to hear from you MayC.. hugs xxx

I don't have any personal experience or knowledge but if it was me I would probably wait till Monday. Firstly because you will get a better indication of how viable the pregnancy is (as low beta scores can result in miscarriage). Secondly the waiting won't be so bad as you will be on holiday. Thirdly - it's only 3 days! You want it to be correct when you get that BFP, don't you!

I have a bit of a quandary too. In the last few days my husband has decided to transfer back to the UK and is pushing for a September date for us to leave. Apart from that fact we've just found out that the dog has to stay here for 6 months after getting a blood test (which adds additional issues), there is the more pressing issue of our IVF.

We are thinking we should probably wait till we get to the UK and then get onto a waiting list for NHS treatment while I am still young enough. If the waiting list is long we will maybe do one private try in the meantime.

Do you think this is the right decidion or should we go ahead straight away in HK? I am worried that I would fail the first attempt and then not be able to use the frozen embryos because we'd suddenly be going back to the UK. It is so hard to know how soon after you can do the FET, right? It depends on your body. For example, I only did an IUI last cycle and my body is all over the place as a result.

If you have any thoughts it would be really helpful!

Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast