Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

symptoms

splitting snow is offline Registered User
    MayC, thanks so much for your advice & encourgement! I will be thinking of you this week, and lots of positive energy to you! You are almost there! and Kazbo, thanks for sharing your IUI experience with me, that really helps!
    I am pretty sure that I am getting the HSG done this month after AF (which should come in a week), then if possible, I'd like to do my first medicated IUI with Dr Lo at the same time, will keep you girls posted.
    Hkiegal, good luck on your treatment too!

Kazbo,
    I am not sure where you are in your treatment, except that you had your IUI on your last cycle. I am thinking that there are still 3-4 months before September, and maybe you could do an IVF in HK before you head back? (Again, not sure how much it cost in the UK, so don't know if that would make sense). Also, since your dog has to stay behind for another 6 months, is it possible/would you consider staying here with your dog and let your husband go back to the UK first? If that's something you'd consider, then maybe he can save up some swimmers at the lab b4 he leaves? Finally, if you really have to go back after your 1st IVF, and IF it didn't work, you may be able to transport your frozen embryos back to the UK for further usage. I have heard that being done b4 (over the internet), but will need to look into it further.
    These are just my thoughts, I hope it doesn't confuse you more.
    Best of luck to you on making the decision!
    SS

kazbo is offline Registered User
    Thanks SS

I suggested the same to my husband but he thinks it will be cheaper to leave the dog alone in kennels for two months than to pay for both of us to have an apartment in different countries at the same time. He is probably right.

I am tempted to push to try one IVF and I think I will ask the nurse about flying back the embryos. Sounds dangerous...

However I convinced my husband of the need to go back to the UK for NHS IVF treatment so if we end up paying full whack over here for it privately he will probably not be very happy!

Btw, the cost for IVF here is $75,000 or so depending on drugs. Which is the same as doing it back in the UK privately.

Oh and I've just had one IUI but we've decided to go for IVF now as it is my husband's bad morphology that is the problem and success rates are much improved with IVF for this problem.

Hi MayC

Yes, we have decided that that is the best option - going private as soon as we get settled. It makes me very nervous as time is ticking by and my eggs are not getting any younger! But hey - can't be helped.

Of course I will still check up on your girls - though will hopefully have moved onto new threads about nappies before long.

The forums in the UK are so full of people they are very daunting and cliquey and no-one replies to your posts... :-(

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Hi MayC, you get your results tomorrow don't you? Thinking of you. I am on holiday in Italy but checking in every so often to see how you're all doing. I wish you all the luck in the world. xx

Wow! How exciting though... I have everything crossed for you. Go and watch a movie or something, go out with friends, anything to take your mind off it! Especially since tomorrow's a holiday.

Best of luck with it. Let us know as soon as you do.

MayC,
    Best of luck to you! and yes, watch a few movies, esp Comedies, laughing is good to get rid of the nerves.

hkiegal is offline Registered User
    Fingers crossed for you, MayC!!

As for me, I'm going to rest this cycle, as my period was very heavy and was quite uncomfortable in the first few days. However, I will still go and see the doctor on D12 and see how my lining is for this cycle, though I doubt I will be able to do a natural cycle this month, I heard my doctor only does medicated frozen cycles.

MayC, do you feel any different? I wish you the best on sat!!

Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast