Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

symptoms

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    Hi Adrianna, if you count success rate vs number of embryos then mine was lower than May's as I transferred two each time and only 1 took - so 1 in 4 - but it still worked. But everybody is different and it isn't about the number of embryos so much as it is about the quality and whether they are chromosomally right. For me it is just that 3 of them weren't meant to be and that only 1 was. But nobody is to know this and it cannot be predicted. This is why my doctor refused to put 3 in for my FET - actually I asked him if he would and he said no because for all he knew all 3 might have taken. There is every reason why this could work for you this time. And Adrianna, my doctor did a 3 day embryo transfer too, not a 5 day. I'm praying that it will all work out very well for you. Keep thinking positively, we're all behind you!

augustbump is offline Registered User
    hi all!

sorry i have not been writing lately but i do read the threads at night when i am able to..

happy to hear that everyone is well.. going on holiday, embarking on fet, getting ready for the next steps.. all so positive .

i am definitely showing a big sign of pregnancy now.. a huge belly in front of me! i had a scan 3 weeks ago and the Dr said it is a girl! we are happy! Now.. i am in my 15th weeks of pregnancy and will be going for our summer holiday soon.. cant wait to just do something different and out from hk for a change.

hugs

Good to hear from you August. Congratulations on your little girl!!
    Have a lovely holiday.

Adrianna is offline Registered User
    August Congratulations!!!! You will definitely enjoy your holiday!
    Around 14-15 of July we too go on holiday, as a matter of fact, we go back (home) for one month. I hope instead of 2 to be 3 of us! I really hope so...
    MayC, Liquorice, thank you for your support!
    A big hug...

Hi MayC - I realised I didn't answer your earlier question. I found out the gender with my private doctor. I went and did all the blood tests and the oscar test privately as the public hospital hadn't given me my first appointment until I was into week 15. I was 13.5 weeks when I had the private scan and found out the sex.

augustbump is offline Registered User
    same here .... i had an oscar test with dr lam and from the scan at 12 weeks.. apparently you are able to tell the sex by then.

i will be going private with dr ho at canossa hospital...

splitting snow is offline Registered User
    Hi girls, sorry i haven't logged on for a few days, work has been kinda crazy lately, which is good to keep my mind off my 2ww...hehe
    it is so nice to log in and see that everyone is asking about me though, its soooo touching and makes me feel like i have a second family, to whom i can share the entire IF experience with. so thank you!
    my 2ww hasn't been that bad actually, it helps that im not reading everything online to drive myself crazy and worry myself about everything that could go wrong or could make the IUI unsuccessful. i may do that if i get a BFN though, can't promise that i won't.
    MayC: well, 1 week has past, no symptoms yet, i actually gave myself 2 shots this week, which im soooo proud of, can't believe i did that myself. it hurted a little when i tried to poke my belly with the needle, didn't go in easily. i kept thinking what if my egg didn't even get fertilized and heretrim injecting myself with more hormones....?!! anyways, so happy for you to hear the heartbeat, its great to be re-assured, isn't it? soon you will see the baby on the ultrasound, how exciting!!! try not to worry about the fluids, i heard that they do get absorbed inside the uterus.

Congrats Liquorice for your baby boy! and thanks for telling me that you're with Dr Lo also, really makes me feel more comfortable to know that, since most people are with Dr Ho here.

Also congrats to August! a sweet little girl is great! enjoy your summer vaca!

Adriana & Hkiegal: hang in there & keep your hopes up! it is happening soon, i hope both of your frozen embies stay healthy & get fertilized! and hope you will have good news for us soon! and enjoy your holidays as well! i don't think we will be going back to the US this summer, but hopefully will go somewhere local for a break. Hkiegal, i too will be going to Shanghai for the expo, probably in September though. hope its not too crowded for you there, and try to stay cool, i heard its real hot there now.

Kazbo: good luck on your research of clinics, picking the right place makes huge difference, glad you have time to do that now. i too am a big sushi fan, and grilled oysters, couple days ago my family went out to a Japanese restaurant, and i wanted the salmon sashimi soooo bad!
    ohh..so sorry to hear that your dog didn't pass the test, what a bummer! hope you figure something out that would work.

alright, talk to you ladies soon!
    ss

splitting snow is offline Registered User
    Hi ladies,

I am supposed to do the HPT this Friday, 2 weeks post IUI, but just started reading about the hcg shots that I took before & after the IUI, they all said that it would give false positives, and people should wait at least 10 days before testing. But since I took 2 more shots last Monday & Friday, I would have to wait till Sunday or Monday (18 days post IUI) to test!!!
    Does any of you know if this is true? I am so scared to test now, I can handle a BFN, but don't think I can handle a false BFP....
    Dr Lo's office also told me I need to go in for some more shots to help my pregnancy if I get a BFP, but what if that's just from the drugs? I am soooo frustrated now, it is driving me crazy....>_<
    I feel like not testing until Monday.