Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 367684858687 LastLast

symptoms

mela is offline Registered User
    It is true that they may give you FBP. Maybe better do a blood test - then you can see how high beta is and lets say if it is 200 you will now that some of it is from the shot but the rest is a positive. That;s what I did - HCG shot takes up to 6 days to clear. I know it is so frustrating. Maybe the nurse from dr Lo office will be able to advise?
    Fingers crossed

Liquorice is offline Registered User
    SS, I'd go in to Dr Lo and get a blood test done. They just send you round to a clinic up the road and can get the results back within a few hours.

I tested early on both my IVF rounds with a home pregnancy test because I, personally, could handle a false positive better than the stress of waiting with a negative - I would rather just know it was negative. My first one was indeed negative, two days before I was meant to test. With my IUIs I didn't test early because I bled early anyway - 5 days to 1 week after the procedure - so notification of a failure without needing to test!

Good luck in whatever you decide.

splitting snow is offline Registered User
    Hi girls!

Thanks for the advice! I was kinda depressed yesterday & today, I don't know if I am PMS'ing or if I am just preparing myself for some bed news.... I am not feeling a single symptom, no discharge....etc, so not sure how I can be pregnant. Anyways, I think I will still test tomorrow morning like they told me to, because they said if it is positive, I will need to go to the office the same day for a shot (to support the pregnancy), so I can't wait till Monday.
    Since I live in China, I will have to fly to HK if it is positive, but I don't want to come down if it is gonna be negative, at least not until it is time to start the 2nd cycle.
    If I do get a BFP tomorrow, I will come down and probably do a blood test, and get the shot that I need. If -ve, I guess I will keep testing every other day until I get my AF. Thats the plan for now....
    MayC, sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, getting rested is good, and take it easy at work also! You will be back to 100% soon. It is so exciting that you will find out the sex so soon!
    Take care ladies!
    ss

augustbump is offline Registered User
    hi ladies
    sorry to hear of your frustrations SplittingSnow.. its never easy to be in this journey but at least you know that you are taking actions and will be one step closer each time. hope you will get the result that we all want to hear soon.

mayc.. i am also down with cold.. had fever, sorethroat, cough..feeling absolutely ratty.. been to the gp twice to get some medication.. finally gave me piriton and panadol.. i am off to see dr ho tomorrow to have a scan to make sure bubs ok before i travel

take care everyone.. the weather has not been kind lately

Hi ladies,

sorry I didn't post for a few days. this 1st IUI was not successful but caused a lot of commotions....I did 2 HPTs and there were faint lines on the result window, so I went to do a blood beta test with my doctor in Xiamen, the result was borderline....26miu, kinda inconclusive, which is a torture. Called Dr Lo's office, Idy told me that its kinda low, and she will get back to me about what to do the next day. in the meantime, i kept researching and see if anyone had low blood beta but is proven to be preggo.....etc...etc.
    well, the next day Idy called and told me to do another beta test on Monday, and if numbers increased significantly, its def a BFP.

so, my husband and I packed our bags and went away for the weekend since its our 2nd anniversary, we thought we should just take it easy and relax and then go for the blood test on Monday. Then my AF came Sunday morning...so, i guess no need for the test any more.

next time i know i should get the suppositories from Dr Lo's office and use it on 14dp IUI anyways, then do the HPTs on 16dp IUI to avoid getting inconclusive answers due to the Hcg shots. If it shows a very clear line, then I go for the blood test here.

This was a good experience for us despite of the disappointment, i do learn more each time. I just hope that we don't have to do this for too long.

August, hope you will feel better soon. Take care!

ss

kazbo is offline Registered User
    Hey everyone,

Augustbump and MayC (why has your name changed to nameless??) so sorry to hear you've been sick. I hope you are both feeling better and that the babies are sleeping soundly in your tummies. I am sure they will be fine. MayC was your scan yesterday? How did it go?

SS - I'm so sorry to hear about your IUI result. I know exactly how you feel though mine was a definite no and I didn't have all your travel problems/uncertainties. I'm sure it doesn't help with everything. I had a weird situation this month with a tiny bit of bleeding when my AF was due then it stopped and I thought maybe I was pregnant. But then it was back in full flow 3 days later... so no luck there.

What will your next steps be? I'm glad you are managing to keep positive anyhow - it is a lesson for us all!

Hi,

does anyone know if the consent paper for IUI has to be signed before receiving any shots? I am planning to start the 2nd cycle IUI but Dr Lo's office wants my husband to go with me & sign the consent form AGAIN before they would give me any shots. But he really doesn't have time to fly to HK just to sign the paper and then go again when it is time to give the sperm.
    Did you girls have to do the same, and have your husband sign the form EVERY time?
    tks! really need to find this out soon if possible.
    ss

kazbo is offline Registered User
    Hi SS - I only had one cycle of IUI so can't comment But I am surprised that they are making you sign it every time. Perhaps it is because you are coming in from China each time?

Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 367684858687 LastLast