Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Construction Noise

Thaimac is offline Registered User

Construction Noise

Help!! I need some suggestions. I have newborn twins and a 2 yo and the apartment above me is undergoing MASSIVE renovations. The jackhammering is intense. Does anybody have any ideas whatsoever of quiet places we could escape to? The catch is that I need to breastfeed. I'm new to HK so I'm not sure how acceptable it is to breastfeed in public here.

Thanks!

kashismum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaimac View Post
    Help!! I need some suggestions. I have newborn twins and a 2 yo and the apartment above me is undergoing MASSIVE renovations. The jackhammering is intense. Does anybody have any ideas whatsoever of quiet places we could escape to? The catch is that I need to breastfeed. I'm new to HK so I'm not sure how acceptable it is to breastfeed in public here.

Thanks!
    Congratulations on your new arrivals!

Not much you can do about the noise if it's within hours.
    You can breastfeed wherever you feel comfortable. There are no rules for or against. Starbucks/Pacific Coffee outlets are often my refuge of choice.

AlexGuitel is offline Registered User

Oooooo poor thing,
    I sooooo understang you, we just mooved in a new appartment and 2 days after we were in we realize that they were starting to build a building just in front of ours. We cant use the balconny we paid so much for, we cant have lazy mornings even when kids over sleep, kids are awaiken by noise during there nap, etc.
    When I'm out of my mind I just grab a cab and go:
    - The peak (The peak Lookout if I want some company around, if I just want to be alone, I walk around the peak and I stop whenever I fond a bench)
    - South Bay beach during week days, There is trees were to hide from the sun and my 2 years old loves swimming so everyone's happy
    - Deep water Bay, there is 1 beach bar called Uno with food & drinks so you can actually spend hours on the beach and go & seat from time to time for a drink, an ice cream, some food...
    I'd rather avoid the pacific coffees or starbucks or Mix or malls in general because I dont find it peaceful with all the noise & stress I already have home...
    Good luck and maybe we'll meet in one of my spots (the works are still on in front of my place and I still have a 5months old and a 2 yo to move during the day :-)
    Take care & good luck,
    Alex

:yeah2 :yeah2

Thaimac is offline Registered User

thanks you guys!!