Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Growth Spurt

Neha is offline Banned

Growth Spurt

Hi

Our baby used to have 20 oz eveyday . He is on Formula. But since about 10-12 days he has been drinking more 23-26 oz and also 3 meals. He is 8 months old. He is a smaller baby weighs about 6.7 kgs. No major increase in weight as he is very active. No increase sleep. his normal 12-14 hours total a day. We are still waiting for his first tooth though he has been having symptons of teething for a very long time. Just want to know about Growth Spurt

Thanks

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    Hi Neha

my 10-mth old is changing his feeding pattern too! Not only that he's taking 1 more oz each feed, he actually demands an additional feed at middle of the night! in other words, he is taking 10 oz more than he would normally do a week ago. Also suspect a growth spurt though not sure what it is except from what i read from the internet:

http://www.parents.com/parents/story.../data/6071.xml

Neha is offline Banned
    thanks . I was just reading another thread . My question is it bad if my son gets up in the middle of the night and has a feed. He doesnt drink more than 20 oz in the whole day so if the extra night feed he has about 22-23 oz. We tried giving him large feed like 5-7 oz he doesnt drink. Maximum on his good days he drinks 5 oz and that is like a big deal for him. H ewas a smaller baby at birth. he is grewing up fine. hits all his milestone and is in the lower side for his age. I read so many threads telling that it is better no to feed them at night and let them cry it out or cuddle them putthem to sleep. my son is very expressive meaning if he doesnt want milk or to eat he just closes his mouth and turns away so we cannot even forecefeed him.