Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any advice for mums expecting twins?

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    You can use the nanny agencies to hire Maternity Nurses...

Annerley
    rent-a-mum
    nanny experts

Hope this helps
    K

Thaimac is offline Registered User
    I also have a 2.5 yo and 2 mo old twins and I agree with pretty much everything everybody above has said. We didn't have a maternity nurse for the first 5 weeks because my husband had time off from work but then we hired a nurse and she was great!

I'm demand breastfeeding my twins and it is fine. I'm finding that they are pretty much on a schedule anyway.

In regards to the c-section, don't let anyone scare you about it. If you want a vaginal birth then obviously go for it if your dr thinks it is a good idea, but a c-section is really not that bad. I had an emergency c-section with the twins and was on my feet later that day and was walking around the next day. A c-section isn't really that big of a deal as long as everything goes well. You can still breastfeed right away with a c-section as well. I'm not trying to be an advocate of c-sections but I remember how scared I was when I had my first (my 2 year old was an emergency c-section as well) and I just want to reassure you that if you do end up needing one it is nothing to be afraid of.

I find my twin breastfeeding pillow is the absolute best purchase I made. The bouncy chairs are really useful as well.

Good luck!

LBC
    LBC is offline Registered User
    Hi Thaimac,

Expecting twins in Nov. and wonder where you bought your twin breast feeding pillow and/or what brand it is.

Many thanks!

L

Thaimac is offline Registered User
    Hi LBC

The pillow is called EZ-2-Nurse Twins Nursing Pillow. I bought mine in the US but somebody else told me that you can get it at Eugene Club on Queen's Road East

Good luck!

Thai

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    I still have that EZ 2 nurse pillow, I must find it and sell it, it was CRAP for me, for some reason my body went really WIDE when I got pregnant and it was really tight around me... You petite twin mums are so lucky!!

LBC
    LBC is offline Registered User
    Thanks Thaimac. From what somebodyfamous writes, it's obviously very individual what works and doesn't work. I do not think I will be able to count myself among the petite twin moms...

Thanks again for advice!

L

RebeccaMB is offline Registered User

Breastfeeding pillows

I used the EZ to Nurse breastfeeding pillows with great success with our twins and with our older son, and i'm absolutely well beyond a petite mama!! (plus size) esp after our twins were born!! defnitely could not have nursed without the pillow. it straps around your waist and leaves your arms free to shift and change baby's position. Yes, you "could" use it to nurse tandem, but i rarely did that (one would alwasy slip off) ... but 1:1 ... EXCELLENT PURCHASE ... so good i even bought a second after our twins were born (one for upstairs and one for down). i even had extra covers made for them so i could have one cover in the wash

I'm no longer nursing, and have 2 for sale ... if anyone's interested, drop me an email zamcan at hkstar.com or p.message here. I can send you a picture if you want

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    I didnt' dare measure my hips but my boobs went from 36" to 44" whilst pregnant and nursing!! I used to have 36 hips too.... those were the days!!

You've motivated me Rebecca to find mine and pack it up for sale!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12