Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mother of Multiples Organization

soloelsie is offline Registered User

Mother of Multiples Organization

Hi, We are expected to deliver our baby boy+girl around the 1st of August :) :) (by Csection as they are breeched). Someone mentioned the Mother of Multiples Organization to me- but I can't find their website/info. Also does anybody know where we can get second hand spare parts for a double mountain buggy (bumper bar/cosy toes etc.)
    Big, heavy and happy at 35 weeks. Elizabeth

KatBoo is offline Registered User

Congratulations and Good Luck!!!!

I had my 2 girls 8 weeks ago (also by c-section) at 35+5 weeks.

here is the website for MOMS. http://www.moms-hongkong.com/

I haven't yet joined, but I plan to very soon (I have the application form sitting on my table ready to post!).

I know a few mums who have had twins over the last couple of months - seems to be a growing trend!

Enjoy the relative rest as much as possible while you can....get lots of massages too!!

K

LBC
    LBC is offline Registered User

Congratulations Elizabeth!

I'm also expecting twins but not until November. I've had several twin mom friends (in Europe) recommend the Mountain Buggy so we're going to go for that. Did you buy yours in HK? Any specific tips on what to think about before you buy?

Thanks and good luck!!

/L

Hi L, We did a LOT of research on the stroller topic till I was dizzy with the details. This one definately is the Mercedes Benz of them all and will last for years so a good investment. Drawback= weight (15kgs) but I found that you will always have to compromise on something. We were lucky it came up on the Asia Xpat website for sale and is in pristine condition. Cost us 3000 HK$. Most of the simple ones cost $2500 anyway. A new one is expensive around double that, but still a good investment. Besides I love its snazzy design.
    Hows the pregnancy going? I am huge at 35 weeks, can hardly sleep and oscillate between fear and joy (these are our first babies). Do you know the sex of your babies?
    Cheers
    Elizabeth

Katboo's new borns

Hey KatBoo
    Congrats to you too. What is it like? Are these your first?
    Are you managing to breastfeed? Are you breastfeeding them together?
    Thanks for the information for Mother of Multiples
    Elizabeth

KatBoo is offline Registered User

hi elizabeth

It's hard work - but I'm sure you realise that! It's like plunging into the deep end...you just have to get on with it! and YOU WILL COPE!!

I also have a 2 year old, so not first time parents, which means not quite so scarey, but we have the added trauma of a toddler running about the place.

I BF for the first 4 weeks, then got mastitis and it was very painful. I now give them both Expressed BreastMilk + formula via bottle (which actually works really well for us because it means others can feed one or both if I'm caught up with my son). When I was breastfeeding I preferred to do them seperately because you still have to burp / change nappies seperately....but on occasion I did them at the same time (ie, when they were both screaming down the house).

They are both girls (non identical).

K

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User

Congratulations Elizabeth! 35 weeks already! What a great job you're doing! My girls are 8 and half months old now. The MOMS group runs from September to June every year (events etc.) It's a great group and so good to ask experienced Mums all those questions that I asked (and continue to ask!!)

e-mum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by soloelsie View Post
    Hi, We are expected to deliver our baby boy+girl around the 1st of August :) :) (by Csection as they are breeched). Someone mentioned the Mother of Multiples Organization to me- but I can't find their website/info. Also does anybody know where we can get second hand spare parts for a double mountain buggy (bumper bar/cosy toes etc.)
    Big, heavy and happy at 35 weeks. Elizabeth
    Congratulations Elizabeth! I'm glad to see that there are mre. mothers of twins and mothers expecting twins writing on this forum mre. often now!

I'm should be due in Sept. I'm still waiting to see if I will deliver naturally or by C-section. One is head facing down and the other is breech.

e-mum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast