Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Baby settling herself

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    DB, Hong Kong

Dr Ferber's book "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems"

I purchased Dr Ferber's book "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems" which details the progressive approach to sleep training!

I am finding it VERY useful and after two nights DD is doing REALLY well.

I gave her a feed just before I went to sleep last night at 10pm and was up for just 10 minutes (although it took me 45 minutes to get back to sleep!) with her at 1.45am.

I actually purchased it for my two year old who started having nightmares but it is so indepth about sleeping for all children and adults that I found myself "sleep training" my 6 month old. It is also filled with case studies or examples.

I find it more useful than a chapter on sleep in a general baby book.

Take a look if you want to learn more about sleeping and how to get the most out of it :)

li555 is offline Registered User
    There are so many books about advice on babies. Many of them have conflicting information. As a first time mother, it is confusing as well as frustrating, because you think you are or you are developing a 'bad' habit.

We are co-sleeping with our baby and have not used a cot. Just use the big bed for naps. We also rock the baby to sleep, holding baby until asleep before we put down and sometimes I nurse the baby to sleep. We are definetely using 'props' to put baby to sleep. Baby is still small so I guess it's not a big deal for us...but everyone around us says it's a bad habit and you'll have to deal with it when he's heavier. I keep second guessing what we are doing. It's working for us now, but what about later??? Keep going on or break the 'bad' habit now?

I'd like to hear about any Mum's experience with this and what happened later on.

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    my baby was a GREAT sleeper...then she started crawling at 5 months. before that, she ALWAYS was put into her cot awake and she'd fall asleep on her own.

now... she's almost 9 months and won't go to sleep at all by herself. she stands in her cot and screams bloody murder until we go in. once she sees us, it gets even worse! and let me tell you, can she scream! the neighbours 4 doors down can hear her!

patting, doesn't work...neither does pick-up/put down.... so i'm stuck with rocking her to sleep....

MeowMeow is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    when my dd was a newborn, she always wanted to be held before and during sleep. I rocked and carried her until she was around 7-9 months old. Then one day, she slept by herself in her cot (suddenly she hated rocking). So their preference can change anyday.

now my ds @ 4 months wants to be hold and rock to sleep during daytime, but night time he has no problem falling sleep on his own..very interesting..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12