Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

10-mth baby waking in middle of night crying for milk

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Have to agree with Lollipop- at 7.5 months our son was still not sleeping through the night, and still needing milk at least during the night.

As soon however as he went onto three solid meals a day, at 7.5 months, he slept through the night- from between 10- 12 hours a night.

Now he's 9.5 months and we're struggling to get him to drink milk during the day- he's taken a real liking to solid food and is just not as interested in his milk!
    Which is a little sad because have breastfed him since he was born, and while I understand he is slowing weaning himself, is still hard to let it go!

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    mine is getting 2 x solids each day. Problem is he doesn't eat much -- he would have 5 to 10 spoons then refuse. He used to take a lot, like the whole 6 oz jar of baby food / one big bowl of congee! But ever since that egg yolk episode (he vomitted 3 times that night), he seem to have lost interest in solids... [sigh!] or maybe he's just teething. Anyways, his weight has already dropped from 55th at birth to 25th percentile over the last few months, so in a way, i am happy that he has a big appetite for formula.

Bekyboo44, do you give yours different food for those 3 meals?

Hi ELT,

Here is a general idea of what my son eats for his three meals,

1). Breakfast, he always has cereal and yoghurt. I try to vary the flavour of the yoghurt as much as possible, i.e. diff flavour everyday (although hard in HK where choice of youghurts is so limited). Somedays he has oatmeal, somedays rice cereal, somedays barley cereal and somedays cheerios or weetabix.
    He eats the cereal and yoghurt for the same meal but seperately.

2). Mid Morning Snack, he might have baby crackers, or biscuis or fresh fruit. Today, for example, he had strawberries and a couple of toddler vege. crackers.

3). Lunch, he has a variety of things. He has mini adult meals.
    Basically he has what we have but without the salt! My helper takes out a portion of whatever she's cooking before adding the salt.
    He eats every vegetable we eat, all kinds of meat and fish (apart from pork), and pasta, rice, noodles etc.
    Today, for example, he had mashed potato with beef, carrots and onion. (Shepherds pie basically)
    Yesterday he had homemade vegetable fried rice.

4). Mid Afternoon snack, again fresh fruit or vegetables.Rice cakes or similar. Has milk too, although drinks very little.

5). Dinner is same as lunch- whatever we are having minus the salt!
    Yesterday he had pasta with tomato sauce, chicken and vegetables.
    Tonight he will have lasagna.

I no longer blend or puree his food- I just cut it roughly.

I know people have diff ideas about what babies should eat and how much before a year old, or even before they are two years old. We have tried to follow our sons lead as much as possible. He took to solid food very well and so we went with that.

We were in the UK recently and eating out was great because restaurants and cafes were more than happy to make a baby meal for him minus salt etc. So he ate his way through mini roast dinners etc. Decided it was a much better option than jars of food which I use to give him until I tried one and was nearly sick it tasted so disgusting and nothing like food!

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    bekyboo44 - Great eater and will probably solve eating problems later (we have to make seperate meals for our 2.5yo because she doesn't like her foods to be mixed).

We try where-ever possible to give her the same thing as us. so if we are having greek lasange then she will have penne with meat sauce. But it is still a pain!!

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    thanks bekyboo44

Happy to help!

We are very lucky with our son when it comes to eating solid food- I can't think of one food, or combination of foods, or any meal he has refused!

However it is impossible to eat anything without giving him any....the other day we brought dougnuts from Krispy Kreme and foolishly decided to eat them before he went to bed.....he screamed, and jumped up and down, and cried his eyes out with real tears in an attempt to have a taste! Fortunetly some of his own biscuits placated him....! The other day he worked his way over to someone at the next table eating a muffin and started doing his 'want some' routine....!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12