Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

10-mth baby waking in middle of night crying for milk

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User

10-mth baby waking in middle of night crying for milk

10 month baby. Have been sleeping thru the night since 3 months. Last feed at around 10:30pm. The past 3 nights he would wake at 2 / 3am crying for milk and surprisingly he actually finish the whole bottle, all 7 oz. Would this have anything to do with us changing to soy just recently? Is this a growth spur? How long will this last?

1/3J is offline Registered User

You may want to make sure the real cause of his crying. Same thing happened to my son a few months ago and I also suspected that was because of the food. We were advised by the nurse of Canossa not to feed him yet but try to cuddle or leave him alone for a few minutes. It worked and he sleeps through again now.

pinkpearl is offline Registered User

my son did the same thing for many days.....and then my mother asked me to check if he's teething...and there you go....i felt some swollen gums in light blue colour.his tooth came out in another weeks.
    may be you can check your sons gums.

ELT

Yeah, he is a bit fussy lately, and drooling a lot. He has 4 front teeth and probably teething again.

That said, when he woke at night, it would be exactly 4 hours after the last feed and he gave clear signal for milk (he cried 'mum, mum, mmmmmmmmmum' -- his signal for milk ). He would finish a whole bottle (that's 4 nights in a roll now). Seems like he is changing his feeding pattern and taking a lot more than usual but I just don't understand why. Last week he was taking around 16 oz milk + 2 x solids, the last few days he is taking 26 oz + 2 x solid!

Neha is offline Banned

My son has the teething symtons for long time but no teeth yet. he is 8 months old. He gets up most nights and has 3-4 oz of milk. I know everybody says that you must not feed them in th emiddle of the night after 6 months. But he was a smll baby at birth 2.05 kgs and even at 8 months he weighs 7 kgs. He doesnt drink more than 3-4 oz at a go. sometimes 5 oz,. In the whole day he drinks about 20 oz so we dont give him the night feed he wil probably do only 16-17 oz which is less? Any suggestions ow to increase his intake at one time because he refuses to drink if he doesnt want he just closes /locks his mouth and turns away

ELT

i am kind of answering my own posts anyways, checked with our pd. He said the baby wanting more milk ever since he switched to soy is a sign that the formula is very easily digested and he is just hungry as a result, so it is in fact a good sign.

Lisa1 is offline Registered User

My baby is 8 months old and slept thru the night from very little but recently she has also started waking in the night at very odd times. Havent resorted to feeding her yet, but may have to if it continues! I think she is probably teething too - any great suggestions for teething remedies?

Lolipop is offline Registered User

I dont know whether this is too much of a western thing to say (it is the only experience i can relate to) but when our LO woke at night around this time our Health Visitor (UK) advised us that feeding her more solid food as apposed to formular would help. It did help. This was her way of saying I am not getting enough food in the day time any more, please give me more of that yummy chewy food LoL

I have heard though that children are generally fed formular for a lot longer here so I dont know ....

It worked for us

xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast