Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

lizards -SOS-

pinkpearl is offline Registered User

lizards -SOS-

hi,
    Its unusual and strange.i saw a lizard inside my house.i dont know how,when and where did it came from.i my scared because i have a toddler at home.it usually comes out at night and disappears in the morning.please suggest what should i do to get rid of them.any spray or something.......
    thanks

joyofliving is offline Registered User

Kill them all!!!

In my experience there is only one way to get rid of lizards- KILL THEM!! What I do is spray loads of insect killer on the lizard till becomes slippery and drowsy. Then kill it with a broom or stick. Living in tropical countries most of my life I am quite used to this gruesome method, although doing it first time was hard.

fee
    fee is offline Registered User

What is wrong with a lizard in the house??? They will stay as far away from you as possible and they eat mosquitos, spiders etc.... Loading tons of insect spray into your house will do far more harm to a child than one little lizard.

joyofliving is offline Registered User

Lizards in the kitchen or around the bed or in the bathroom or anywhere? Eeeeeeeekks......
    And the spray has to be on the lizard not all around the house. As soon as the lizard is dead open the windows to let some fresh air in. It hardly takes 15 mins for the insect spray vapours to dissappear and do it with the baby room closed.

PS: The spray will also kill mosquitos and spiders

pinkpearl is offline Registered User

Thanks Jol for the advice.....
    will definitely try spray next time...
    fee, i know lizards have there own advantages like they eat mosquites and flies but they can be dangerous and poisionous too...as i mentioned i have a toddler dont want him to run around lizards.
    and to look at them..... feeling is also not so good.

kashismum is offline Registered User

Killing is Cruel!

Spraying gives off a noxious vapour that I wouldn't want my kids to inhale. If you are truly so bothered by them, consider mesh nets on the windows and look for any small holes where they are coming in.

Are they poisonous? I didn't think so, unless you eat them perhaps! They are too fast for your toddler to catch and touch.

And, as for you not wanting your toddler 'to look at them..... feeling is also not so good', this is precisely how you instill a fear into them. Too many HK kids are scared of animals - even just common cats and dogs. In fact, these small lizards are quite beautiful and the best mozzie repellent you'll ever find.

Histamin is offline Registered User

I'm totally agreed with fee and karishmam,
    lizards will protect your house from mosquitos, cockroach..
    Don't worry too much as they're harmless.
    histamin

mailmail is offline Registered User

So cruel!!!!!!!! If you don't like it direct and capture it with a small box and let it free! They are so harmless! Poor thing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top