Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Pre-K and K openings for fall 2007?

shmortie is offline Registered User

Pre-K and K openings for fall 2007?

We just found out that my husband will be relocated to Hong Kong this fall and are scrambling to get our children enrolled in school. Miraculously, we secured a spot for our son at HKIS without a debenture, but still have a 5 year old to place in Kindergarten (by the US system) and our 3 year old in preschool.

Given that we are only a month out from the start of the school year, does anyone know of schools that might still have openings or are known to have shorter wait lists? I was told that Hong Kong has many preschools that go through Kindergarten and that they are easier to get into than the international schools. Is this true? If I can't find a spot for her within the next couple weeks, I will put up a stink about getting a corporate debenture, but is it too late in the game to get in, even with a debenture?

BTW, we are probably going to live on the Peak, but are willing to drive the kids out anywhere on the island.

Thanks!

shmortie is offline Registered User
    Thanks so much for your suggestions! I heard back from the Harbour School yesterday and they do still have spaces available. Phew! We can move after all. :-)