Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

buying new car

kellyst is offline Registered User

buying new car

we are getting a 7-seater in anticipation for the new arrival in Dec. just looking at dealers now. wondering if there is any 'haggling' of price that we can/need to do? it sounded quite 'fixed' price when we talk to them. my parents also bought from the dealer and said they didn't negotiate at all.

was just wondering if anyone has any ideas here....

joannek is offline Registered User
    there is no hapggling of the price if you buy it from the dealer. but you can get your sales person to throw in free parking sensors, curtains (if you're getting a 7-seater), warranty, vaccuum cleaner, umbrella, etc. we just bought a 7-seater from Nissan (Serena) & got him to throw in parking sensors (front & back) & curtains for free.

kellyst is offline Registered User
    thanks Joanne.. ha! we're just looking at the EXACT same car last night. quite happy with it. the one we're looking at has back sensors standard, i don't know you can get front sensors as well. is that too much if it always sounds if you're in traffic? or do they make it much more sensitive? i can imagine it would be useful for me, as i'm tiny and can never see the front of the hood when driving.

joannek is offline Registered User
    the front sensors come with a switch, so you can turn it on only when you're parking. the back sensors come with a camera, which only comes on if you turn on the stereo. it's a great car. very easy to drive & park, cos of the gigantic rear view mirrors.

should test drive it.