Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Good hairdresser for Me!

aussiegal is offline Registered User

Good hairdresser for Me!

I need a pick me up after having a baby! anyone have a recommendation for a good hairdresser. I am going for the chop. Don't care about price as long as they do a good job.

syuan is offline Registered User

i love Philip George. i've been going to him for about a decade now. he's done several major hair changes for me, and i've always loved it. check out: http://philipgeorgesalon.blogspot.com/

Sumei is offline Registered User

hi,

gosh, this is a coincidence! I had a girlfriend recently turn up at lunch with a gorgeous new cut and colour and she told me she went to Philip George from a friend's recommendation and absolutely fell in love with him, she said she's never felt so good and confident about her hair now.....

turtle is offline Registered User

Go to Douglas at Philip George, he talks a lot which I find annoying (!), but he gave me the most fabulous pick me up cut after my daughter was born. I went for the chop too and I absolutely LOVE my hairdo. Tel is 25 243 143, happy haircut!

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    Go to Douglas at Philip George, he talks a lot which I find annoying
    '

Have heard this too! A few members on GeoExpat have recommended Leo at The Firm. 2525 6696
    Founded GeoBaby in 2002

aprilbaby is offline Registered User

Philip George at Philip George....he is the best hairdresser I have ever had!!! Don't know what I will do when I eventually go home!!!

aussiegal is offline Registered User

Thought i'd give everyone a laugh by telling you of my experience at Phillip George. I ended up booking in with Douglas and whoever said he talks a lot wasn't kidding. The guy doesn't stop talking - about himself. It totally freaked me out. He must have asked me three questions about myself - two the same. Anytime i opened my mouth he saw it as a good time to go get something that he needed, a brush, hairdryer etc. It was completely surreal.

And the touching thing. What is with that? I really don't like having my shoulder rubbed by a stranger every three seconds and when i say 'rubbed' i mean rubbed. No casual touch here.

But the funniest (?!) thing was that I told him I wanted him to cut my hair short. He said no it didn't need it, it just needed a couple of cm's off! Urghh, ok! I found his whole demeanour and behaviour so hilarious that I thought i'd go along with 'his decision' to just do a trim and colour. At the end he asked me how long I'd had my beautiful, to die for (what the?) hair long. I said that i'd grown it long then get bored and cut it short only to repeat the process. He then said 'oh, if you ever want to cut it short come to me, i love to do short hair cuts!!!'

I won' be going back despite the fact that he did a pretty good job. Not just because he's not interested in actually listening to the customer and giving them what they ask for but because i just can't bear the thought of listening to his rubbish again. One time it was kind of funny but twice...

mamaS is offline Registered User

How much is the cut?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast