Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any musical playgroup recommend ?

Gabriel ma is offline Registered User
    I tried the one located in Kwun Tong, so far so good. I want to attend one which is conducted by a native English speaker.

lkho is offline Registered User
    MrsMomo;

Can you tell me more about the music class in Sha Tin/Tai Po. Did you enroll your children? How old were they? What did the class cover? Most importantly, did your children enjoy the class?

Thanks.

Tin Tin is offline Registered User
    How abouat Music Box, it's not bad!

Gabriel ma is offline Registered User
    Music Box? Is the class conducted in English or Cantonese? by a native English speaker?

mamaS is offline Registered User
    hi sherron,

i've sent you a PM. thanks.

run4fun is offline Registered User
    The 4 major music instructional methodologies are: Orff Schulwerk (Orff Approach), Kodaly, Suzuki and Dalcroze. If you know which approach the music center follows in general, you might have a better idea of their style. I attended an Orff Certification Workshop in SFO this summer, and I am still learning more about the other three methodologies. I have no intention to be a music teacher, I only wanted to learn more about it and hope to bring in more musical games in my classroom. The Orff course was one of the most amazing experience I had. It transformed me. It makes me feel that even I am not the most musical person, I could enjoy and create music and jam with some of the greatest musicians. I don't think there are any music center in HK that offer Orff music program, but some of them do incorporate the Orff Approach. For example, "Music Room" in Central uses the Taiwan Orff Music Program. They teach in Cantonese and most of the songs are in Mandarin. Please so share with us if you have more information about Orff in HK.
    Last edited by run4fun; 09-20-2007 at 09:01 PM.

run4fun is offline Registered User
    I have tried a few places, but I think my kids enjoy the orff-schulwerk approach the most. Music room in Central offers Cantonese/Mandarin Orff program for kids from 2 1/2 - 6 yr. Music Fun House (www.musicfunhouse.com) offer English as well as Cantonese programs, and both for the younger (3-6) and for advanced kids. Besides HKIS, it's the only place I know so far that offers Orff music program for kids above the age of 6. If you know of any others, please share your information. I have friends who live in KLWN and New territories that are interested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12