Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

No ID yet - any problems or costs?

stephanie84 is offline Registered User

No ID yet - any problems or costs?

Hello u all!
    This forum helped me already a lot and I want to say thanks to all participating.
    I am in week 30 now and live in europe. Unfortunately ( not because of HK - I love it!) my hubby will be send to HK in about 2 weeks. His company is already caring for the visa, but as he will work in mainland they said its not a big thing to just stay in HK the 90 days. Maybe we will get the resident status untill the delivery happens, but maybe we will get it short after that. As I really want to stay with my hubby the rest of the pregnancy and dont want to have the case that he is propably missing the big day, I want to join him, and want to give birth in HK.
    Does anybody know if there are regulations for the entry, the birth and if there will be higher costs because of this.
    Maybe good to know, I am holding a european passport.

barbarita is offline Registered User

id and delivery in hk

Hello Stephanie,

I should think that holding a hk id is very useful if you don't have an insurance and have to give birth in a public hospital. Then the cost is very low. If you don't have an ID, you can still have your baby in a public hospital but you would pay a higher price, still affordable though. Priority is given to ID holders in public hospitals, so I would consider registering as soon as you can when you have taken your decision,(because of bed shortages) Queen Mary hospital is an excellent hospital and you can check out their fees on the internet. I myself hold a hk ID but i don't have a good insurance and that is the reason why I opted for QM hospital. I am due in a few days and am very happy with their service so far.
    On the other hand if you have a very good insurance, you can have your baby with or without an ID at a private hospital: the adventist, Canossa or Matilda, Matilda being the most luxurious.
    I hope this will help and good luck,
    Barbarita

stephanie84 is offline Registered User
    Hello Barbarita!
    Thank you!!!!!!!!! That means the custom wont send me back home when I arrive there with a big belly?!:-) I am normal insured here, and I talked to the insurance company which will cover the cost even for a ward room in a private one. I already called some privates, eg matilda, but they are already booked out. The advendist said I should not worry, just come over to HK and everything will work out good.
    I am really nervous about that, looking forward to it, but nervous! New country, I know nobody, have to find new docs, have to take at least one course before the delivery.......
    A lot to think about at the moment and a lot work to check that all.
    All the best to you!!!
    When is the estimatet day?:-)
    regards
    Stephanie