Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wanna-Be-Father...Update

lantau35 is offline Registered User

Wanna-Be-Father...Update

Earlier this year, some members here shared their experiences/opinions with me as we tried to conceive and I wanted to share the good news that my wife is now 12 weeks pregnant, doing well and - fingers crossed - I will be a "wanna-be-father" no more by Feb next year...

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to Sophwillsmum, Loupou, Joannek and Jools for posting their sensible comments and advice. The advice about trying to forget about conceiving and just enjoying it is certainly the way to go I think - my wife got pregnant on the one month we decided not to bother with those ovulation prediction kits and give ourselves a break. Interestingly, the pregnancy testing kits showed a negative result a few times too (testing too early/the hormone didn't show strongly at first even though she was very late), so both these bits of kit weren't that useful to us in the end anyway!

I know there is still a long way to go, but thanks again. This is a really useful set of forums.

MickeyMom is offline Registered User
    congratulations!

take care of the wifey and enjoy the pregnancy with her!

MeowMeow is offline Registered User
    Congrat to both of you!

It happens when you need a break.

Happy & Healthy Pregnancy!

rani is offline Administrator
    Congratulations! That's wonderful news!!!
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    Congrats! It seems like you live in Lantau, i live there too... if you wife need some friends to talk, we can meet up with her. I was also like 12 weeks pregnant last year at this time and due date was also Feb. My baby came on Feb. 14, 2007 thus he is going to be 6 months this weekend. We waited for 6+ years to have him so i know what it is like at this stage.

I can tell you be rest assured that your wife is a healty mommy carrying a strong and healthy son till the full term, healthy mommy giving birth to a healthy and fully development baby!

Enjoy the journey.

joannek is offline Registered User
    congratulations!! enjoy the 9mths. it will feel like a long time, but once your baby is born, being pregnant with your wife will seem like ages ago.

enjoy more the 2 of you time more, cos once the baby is here, there will be no more tete-a-tete!

one more thing, talk to your wife's tummy every night, your baby will recognise your voice. my hubby said "goodnight daddy's little princess" to my tummy every night. when she was born, she'd quiet down once she heard my hubby's voice. it was amazing!

Good Luck with everything. I bet you'll be back here asking all sorts of questions about shopping for the baby, feeding & crying, and all later!

JANE892 is offline Registered User
    I remember your post and just want to pass on my congrats. Such wonderful news!!! Look after your wife- as my sis in law told me..this is her last chance to get lots of attention etc..cause once the cute little baby is here everyone is only intersted in the baby and forget about the mummy & daddy! I must admit- I hardly look at my bro or sis-in-law when my goregous little nephew and niece are around!!
    Happy & healthy 9 months to you both!

lantau35 is offline Registered User
    Thanks very much for your messages of congratulations - and the good advice (as usual). As a first time dad, we will be getting more advice from Geobaby I'm sure.

Thanks again guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast