Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: What was your biggest fear about your baby?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What was your biggest fear with your baby?

mum of 2 is offline Registered User
    My greatest fear has always been SIDS. Cannot count the number of times that I have woken up a peaceful sleeper, checking that they were breathing properly. I still find myself putting a finger under my 5 year old's nostrils to check that she is breathing!

aussiegal is offline Registered User

do other mums feel like this?

I wasn't so worried about breathing but every time he got sick or gets sick (he's now 18 months) I'm a little scared that it's going to be something bad. In general i just get scared every now and then at the thought of losing him tragically. It's scary being a mom. I remember when i found out i was pregnant, i woke up one night soon after in a sweat realising that i would never again have nothing to worry about. First there'd be getting through the pregnancy, then having a healthy baby, then SIDS, then choosing schools, worrying about him fitting in, not being bullied etc, then becoming a teenager bla bla bla. Mind you I'm not overrun by fear but it's more that every now and then you get hit by a pang of 'what if'. Maybe it's because i lost my father suddenly or do other mums feel like this?

Neha is offline Banned
    We were worried about the breathing also but also my husband has the fear that our son might fall of the window so he doesnt take him out in the balcony or near open windows. I also have fear of giving him some solid foods I feel he might choke so I am little hesitating in introducing solid foods like finger food. But now when I see other moms in our play group giving finger food to their kids I also have started and my son loves them.

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    My fear was similar - that the baby would never sleep well, so I would never sleep well and end up a psychotic gibbering mass.

HappyV is offline Registered User
    That he wouldn't put on weight properly, and catch up to full term babies.

Lolipop is offline Registered User
    I was so obsessed with how much she was eating! ... first i was convinced it was not enough, and then I thought she was eating far too much!!! ... That is when it struck me that i would worry which ever way, so I tried to put it to back of my mind (after a yr or so LoL).

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    I had the usual fears with #1 (SIDS, sleep, nutrition, etc.), but now with #2 have relaxed a bit, although I do get really stressed out any time any one of them is sick. Now, my biggest fear, if you can call it that, is I won't "do right by them" --possibly somehow shortchanging them in the choices I make, not being able to give them the right guidance, etc. Vague, when put that way, but it's something that I think about constantly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12