Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

About to start TTC- need some medical advice

tikkunolam is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong

Question About to start TTC- need some medical advice

We are excited that I am going off the pill at the end of this cycle. I want to get a full health screening and will probably do so with the Family Planning Association of Hong Kong. However, I'd like to find an ob/gyn and midwife combination. I have visited the Annerly website and like their philosophy but have concerns that I will need an ob/gyn for ante-natal care as I'm 33 yrs. and I've read that over 30 new moms may have more risks. I have never been pregnant before so this is also new to me. I'm looking for advice on finding a doctor who works with midwives or is open to natural childbirth and alternative techniques such as water births. My pregnancy insurance covers Matilda hospital but coverage hasn't started quite yet.

I'm into holistic health and I'm trying to find books (preferably used) that really explain alternatives for allopathic care for conception, ante-natal, birthing and post-partum care. I'm also interested in the pros-cons of all the vaccinations. I've gone on but was hoping to find books locally. I've already searched through 2 local used bookshops but found nothing of interest. I look at various websites but I can only look at a computer screen for so long and enjoy reading books. Thanks again for any and all advice and I'm really excited that this website exists!

Last edited by tikkunolam; 08-06-2007 at 09:40 PM.

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    Welcome to GeoBaby! What an exciting time.

A number of members have been pleased with Dr Dawkins. Search his name on the forums for details. It's relatively safe to be pregnant at 33, so be positive. I was also in my 30's when I had D.

GeoBaby sells books online. Here's a list of pregnancy books

You may be interested in "Alternative Therapies for Pregnancy and Birth"

Lastly, here's some :babydustpink to get you going.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com