Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

seek advice from IS parents

angelmhhui is offline Registered User

seek advice from IS parents

Hi, we are Chinese family. I want to send my daugther to IS for primary next year. I doubt that we can't support her in school such as homework due to my poor english. But I like the IS education more than local traditional school. Otherthan IS, could you please suggest local school that is good. Please advise.

Thank you.

hoeve is offline Banned

Hi,
    For local school, you may consider PLK CKY (a bilingual private school) , Pui Kiu (a DSS school), ISF (a bilingual private school). Both are more or less run like an international school.

Quote Originally Posted by hoeve View Post
    Hi,
    For local school, you may consider PLK CKY (a bilingual private school) , Pui Kiu (a DSS school), ISF (a bilingual private school). Both are more or less run like an international school.

Thank you for your advice.

Linda&Hanley is offline Registered User

Smile

If you send your child to an international school, I think the worry will be more about how to help her with her Chinese (coz she'll very likely be lagging behind compared with children in the local stream) than her English.

My decision to send my first child to an international school is also based on the concern over the approach to learning. I'm not worried about his English (just leaving it to the school) but what I've got to do is to teach him Chinese myself.

It's a really difficult decision to make when it comes to children's education. Unfortunately there are no perfect answers and we as parents can only rely on what we think may be the better path.

Linda

Thank you Linda. You are right. There are no perfect answers. I am not so worry about IS or local school now. The most important point is the children's healthy growth.