Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Which ones are easier to care for --boys or girls?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Which is more "high-maintenance" --boy or girl?

Lolipop is offline Registered User
    ooooo!!! This is so interesting!!! I have a daughter (just turning 3) and am 20 weeks pregnant with a boy!!!

I have to say, my daughter has been a delightful baby - sleeping all the way through from 6 weeks (yes 6 weeks!!!!!!), eating solids at 4 months with no challenges, napping well, potty training was a dream, very few tears at school, able to play on her own for long lengths of time!! ... Although we did put a lot of work with routines etc, I still cant imagine we would get so lucky as to have another baby that fell for all the tricks in the book so well! .. *sigh* .... but it is very encouraging to find that on the whole boys are easier then girls - so you never know ....

It is funny though, people saying that boys become more 'testing' at the age of 3yrs, because our little girl (who has been the dream baby), is now becoming a little bit of a handful - not tantrums or grumpy, but just sooooo so so hyperactive!! ALL of the time (exhausting for expecting mummy), and forever testing her boudaries ... at the park or playground, if I blink she will be up the tallest climbing frame in a matter of seconds! But her favourite colour is still pink LoL!!

joannek is offline Registered User
    well, i do hear a lot of ppl saying that if your baby is good, then he/she will be a handful after 3, and vice versa. maybe it's just because babies who are difficult to take care of will become normal at age 3. whereas wasy babies will become normal at age 3 also. it's just difficult has become relatively easier & easy have become relatively difficult. but all 3 year olds are the same!

my daughter is 2.5yo, and she has become soooooo much easier compare to when she was a baby. my nephew is also 2.5yo, and become so much more difficult now than when he was a baby (he was one of the easiest, i tell you!). but when the 2 of them are together, i see that they are similar. so i think it's just the relativity that draws the conclusion of "when they turn 3...)

dfair1721 is offline Registered User
    Girls are so much harder. I have a 4 year old boy who is so easy and a 2 year old girl and she has been challenging from the get go. She is stubborn, mood and has so much attitude already. I am terrified for the teenage years. I phycholigist friend of mine says she has enough "personality" for three kids.

carang is offline Registered User
    dfair... are you describing my kids? sure sounds like it! LOL!

marie313 is offline Registered User
    apparently boys wreck your home and girls wreck your head! not sure which is worse....!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by marie313 View Post
    apparently boys wreck your home and girls wreck your head! not sure which is worse....!
    I like that quote ;)

When I had a daughter last year, my Dad told me "Girls are definitely harder, much more complex, much more emotional and less rational - but the emotional rewards are much greater too". That's his perspective on it.

karmah1 is offline Registered User
    Sydney, Australia (but would like to return to HK)
    Quote Originally Posted by marie313 View Post
    Oh so true....my son is only 11 months old and so far he has broken our BOSE sounddock and one of my necklaces, we have teeth marks in the furniture and numerous stains in the carpet from spilt milk and food...what is next??

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    In my case, it's my girl who has caused the more "damage" -- marks on the wall, table, floor, TV(!), wrecked toys, tore pages off books, etc. I don't know if it's the second child "look at me" syndrome. But what nicolejoy's dad said about the emotional rewards being greater? I find that SO true. Z can be SO, SO naturally sweet in ways that my boy never was at the same age. I think they are just wired naturally that way. :)
    Last edited by Buckeroo; 11-14-2009 at 02:28 PM. Reason: typo error

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast