Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Which ones are easier to care for --boys or girls?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Which is more "high-maintenance" --boy or girl?

bridiemexico is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I have twins, boy/girl. My boy is more demanding and less independant but when my girl explodes she really explodes. She is still a lot easier than he is. I do agree that she might be a handful as a teenager!

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    I personally think it's more about individual personality than gender.

I don't think "high maintenance" is the right term to describe my son--he was and is high energy which meant more work for me but when I think of "high maintenance" I think of a child who is fussy and hard to content. My son was just very busy and so required a lot of energy to play with. He wasn't a great sleeper until he was six months old but I think that was partly our doing as we only finally got a clue about how to put him on a schedule--then he was and still is a great sleeper. This has a lot to do with us maturing in our parenting skills, I think. My son has an entertainer's personality--he loves to laugh and make others laugh--and at nearly 4-years-old he's just starting to understand how to play practical jokes on people so we'll have an interesting future ahead with him, I'm sure. :)

My daughter has a very quiet personality. She is very watchful and was an "angel baby"-sleeping through the night only a couple of weeks after she was born. We didn't really have to work at scheduling her like we did with our son. Maybe she just fell into our routine more easily since we already had one established. Now she's 8-months-old and she's pulling up on furiture and getting into everything. I can see the active streak her brother also has coming out but she's just more mellow than he was and is.

But, none of this I credit to him being a boy and her being a girl. Because, as a child I was just as active as my son is and my younger brother was way more passive and quiet.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    I have a girl and then boy/girl twins. I wouldn't call any of my children high maintenance because they're all fairly easy, not perfect but very good, in general. My boy was the worst when he was little but he's very easy now. My twin girl is very outgoing and extravert but not difficult. If I look around me, it's usually boys who seem higher maintenance. We all have our issues with our children but if I look at mine at the end of the day and compare with what I see around me, I realize I am quite lucky. Their teachers also never mentioned any major issues. Again, they're not perfect, but definitely not high maintenance.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123