Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: Which ones are easier to care for --boys or girls?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which is more "high-maintenance" --boy or girl?

Buckeroo is offline Registered User

Which is more "high-maintenance" --boy or girl?

Just curious to hear from other moms who have at least one of each (a boy and a girl) whether they find/found it easier caring for a boy or a girl...

syuan is offline Registered User
    my son (the elder) is definitely more high-maintenance than my daughter (1 yr 4 months younger). even since day 1. however, that may be a reflection of being an uptight first-time mom and a relaxed second-time mom. but i do also think that their personalities are very different. son was always more "anal" and daughter is just very content. they are now 4 yrs old and 2.5 years old, and they are learning from each other, so the differences are less apparent now.

kashismum is offline Registered User
    My daughter was a screamer from Day One. She's only recently settled down.
    My son is much more chilled. A much better sleeper!
    Of my Mum friends, their girls seem to be more 'challenging', no matter whether they are the first born or not.
    However, I'm told that around 3 years, it reverses and the boys become more trouble...and they stay that way!
    Interested to see the poll results.

mailmail is offline Registered User
    This is out of pure laziness of me.

When we are out and about, and when my sons need to go to the toilets, my husband has to be the one to accompany them and deal with that. But if they were girls...I will have to go, so I feel quite blessed that I don't have girls. I am terrible, I know.

Also, I notice that girls tend to go in and out of the playroom trying to cling onto their parents to get attention whilst boys usually dissapear for almost the entire time you allowed them to play in the playroom. So, I can have a very nice solid break just watching the boys play. Don't think I can do that with girls.

Having said that, boys in general are very caring and sensitive towards mommies, making me feel so warm all the time.

Would love to have a girl though. Things may be different from the above, it will be different, but it will nevertheless be a nice difference I am sure.

joannek is offline Registered User
    i wanted to start a poll exactly like this one. i just didn't know how to...

my girl is definitely high maintenance. i read a baby book that listed 12 traits of a high maintenance baby. my baby had 11 traits, the only one that she doesn't has, is that she smailes & laughs easily.

at 2.5 yrs, she still wakes every 2 to 3 hours every night for milk or to be pat or to know someone is there. i can't even leave her alone in her room for more than 3 mins, she runs out from her room screaming "mommeeeeeeee!!", as if i was going to diwown her or sth.... and the list goes on......

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    I decided to start this poll after having talked to 3 friends who also have 1 of each and so far, all of them have agreed that girls are more high-maintenance. I'm finding it to be true in my case, too (so far!).

Kashismum -
    However, I'm told that around 3 years, it reverses and the boys become more trouble...and they stay that way!
    True again in my case... My son was such an easy baby, but now can really test my patience some days (climbs where he's not supposed to, doesn't always want to tidy up, etc.). He's still the sweetest kid and I know part of it is him testing his boundaries, exploring, and also due to the fact that he now has to 'share' our time and attention with his little sister (whom he adores, btw).

Mailmail -
    When we are out and about, and when my sons need to go to the toilets, my husband has to be the one to accompany them and deal with that. But if they were girls...I will have to go, so I feel quite blessed that I don't have girls. I am terrible, I know.
    I have to admit that the same thought has crossed my mind and this early on, I am already dreading the time when I will have to take my daughter to the washroom when we're out! I actually don't mind taking my son now, mainly because with a boy, it's a much simpler 'business' compared to the almost ceremony-like process girls have to go through!

carang is offline Registered User
    my girl is wayyyy more high-maintenence than my boy was! although, she is a much better sleeper. now at 2.5 years my boy wakes VERY rarely at night. it's only in the last 6 months, since baby was born that this started.

i think that my boy takes after his father, very laid-back. whereas my girl has way too much of me in her!

Sui
    Sui is offline Registered User
    my daughter is much better at everything, eg. first solid food, sleeping, do things when you tell her to etc. even though she is a girl, my husband sometimes takes her to the toilets and gives her her baths. she has only acted up till she was 3 or rather when her little brother was born. He is more of a light sleeper. Wakes up over a little noise, can't be put down when asleep, still wakes up at night and he is 7 months now. Worst still he didn't like eating solids till now! Before, whatever food we gave him, he keep spitting it out and cries! But still has trouble eating equivalent to a meal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast