Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

where can baby eat out in hk?

snoopymom is offline Registered User

where can baby eat out in hk?

I have a 9 month old and I want to start taking baby out to eat in restaurants with me.

What can you order from restaurants for baby? I sometimes just feed baby the bread from bread basket because I am scared there is too much salt or unsafe ingredients for the baby.

What do you feed baby in restaurants and which restaurants (both western and chinese)do you like taking your baby?

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    It depends on you.

I let my children eat anywhere that I did. I remember feeding the elder one some bitter melon & eggs at a family banquet when she was less than a year old (those were the days!! - she barely touches bitter melon now that she is 11 years old).

If I knew I was going out (for family dinner, or to yum cha) I would also bring some own food along sometimes. For example, a jar of bb food or some crackers if I wasn't sure.

At 9 months, you can probably order a bowl of white rice and add boiled water in almost any restaurant.

kashismum is offline Registered User
    At 9 months, although our daughter sat nicely in the high chair, it was difficult to order regular food from the menu. Apart from the bread, we'd feed her food that we brought from home. A bowl of white rice and white bread is not very nutritious, so I prefer she had some protein and vegetables.

Even if you could order congee or tofu or something, it's likely to have too much seasoning for that age.

After about 12 months, it gets a lot easier! But, kids' menus are the worst - burgers and chips, spaghetti, pizza...and not good value. Now, our daughter has a bit of whatever we're having.

HTH.

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    my baby refuses to sit still unless he has something to munch so we always bring baby snacks when we eat out. It is so hard to find food he can eat as there's just too much seasoning for his age. I usually feed him rice, bread, fruit and a bit of ice-cream from our dessert.

carang is offline Registered User
    my son is 2.5 and we very rarely order him his own food in a restaurant. rather, either hubby or i will order something that we know he will eat and then just get an extra plate.

at 9 months, take your own food along... i'd do that until she's about a year, then start to branch out.

good luck!

joannek is offline Registered User
    yeah, i also brought my on food until she was 2 yrs old!! i admit i'm paranoid about the additives (MSG esp). i just buy one of thosse thermos for rice (lots of variety sold at Sogo or any large dept stores). there are 2 compartments. i usually cook pasta, or rice or fish & veg. the bowl (not the cover) can be microwaved, so you can prepare ahead & freeze, then just microwave before you go out.

snoopymom is offline Registered User
    thanks! very helpful. u are all veterans and give very good advice!

hkmommy is offline Registered User

Not quite restaurants, but fun places nonetheless...

We brought bub's food and snacks with us too, but if you're just wanting to get your LO used to "eating out" with you, you could try Cafe O next to the Centrium. They have yogurts, smoothies, fruit salads, etc. so a fun place to stop for a healthy snack (but no high chairs). Another fun place is the food court at Three Sixty---they have tons of healthy options and also have high chairs. I'd suggest NOT going at the lunch peak hour though as it's packed then. They also have a changing table in the ladies bathroom there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Scroll to top