Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tooth Brushing

tzechuk is offline Registered User
    Thanks, ladies.

We took DD to a paed dentist - he did actually fill 2 of her bottom teeth already.. which totally traumatised her, which is one of the reasons why we are not willing to do anymore right now - but he is a Korean dentist, and although my husband is Korean, he himself didn't trust the dentist much when we took DD in for the second time for a consultation!!! I think we might have to take her to a dentist in Seoul. One that has been trained in the States or the UK (I am actually a Hong Kong/British Chinese).

Failing that, I will probably just take DD back home to the UK and let her see my friend, who is also a paed. dentist and see what he has to say about her teeth. Sigh..

The worst part of all this is that people see her teeth and think that I am not a good mother, cos I am letting my DD's teeth rot. But I have brushed her teeth religiously since she was 5 months old, morning and night. I have been told and read in a lot of places that it's hereditary and that it's inevitable, which makes me feel better (both DH and I have really bad teeth. I inherited mine from my mother.. he, I am not sure), but it still sucks.

Thanks for the support, anyway!!

mother of 2 is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all the replies, we are persisting on the teeth brushing every night, but the battle is getting easier.

Can people tell me which dentist you take your little ones too, I've taken my little one to the dentist each time the family go, but she just watches and won't let the dentist touch her!

capital is offline Banned
    Matbe crowns are faster than caps, I'm not sure. I can't imagine trying to do extensive dental work on a 3 yr old without general anesthetic, how would they cooperate? I think it is a great suggestion to go to pediatric dentist and get a second opinion

capital is offline Banned
    Ive read that it is hereditary too,caused by the type of bacteria you have in your mouth, andit is more related to mom's teeth as if mom (it is usually mom's who do this) shares saliva with baby they get mom's bacteria so if mom has bad teeth, likely baby will too. We've all done that as mothers, eat off the same spoon, drink out of the same cup.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123