Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Due in Feb 2008

daffer is offline Registered User

Hi Peainpod, Donkey and Wasabibunny,

Here I am back at this forum again while I am at work. i.e. productivity = 0 !!!! (can't help it!!)

I am SOOOO panicking about booking a slot in any hospitals at the moment as we still couldnt make up our mind whether we would go to a private one or a public one!! Since we live in Tuen Mun and we heard that the Tuen Mun Hospital 'sucks'. I have therefore started looking elsewhere. I phoned up few private ones like the Adventist etc. They said they are all full in early Feb 08!!! On the other hand, we are thinking, r we better off spending the money on buying more good stuffs for our baby? The medical plan from where I work will cover me and my family absolutely everything except giving birth !!!! lucky or what?!

Baby stuffs, oh yes, buying abit at a time. I am hoping to get them in earlier before my bump gets too big and then I wont be able to/ want to travel as far...we are looking for a car seat + bassinet + push chair at the moment. There are too many models selling out there, has anyone got any good suggestion?? Daffer x

MaiYe is offline Banned

hi all expected moms,

I'm now in my 16 wks and due date on Mar 13, 08. Planned to delivered @ Canossa and prenatal class registered to start there by nov.

I'm living @ TKO and perhaps we could meet up for a chat.

Where to buy good bargain crib? Suggestion pls....

Florence(Mai Ye)

shahirakk is offline Registered User

due date is 5th feb - second child - dont know if it is a girl / boy - looking forward to a surprise. We have a 2 year old boy who is starting to notice his mummy's huge tummy and thinks everyone has a baby in their tummy! Has anyone found any good books to read to the first child?/ even to prepare for 2 children in the home??

Wrt morning sickness - have you tried ginger in tea?/ ginger biscuits?? Some people like dry toast tho' that made me worse. Another friend said Beigels worked for her as they filled her up. Good luck, hope the sickness passes.

Looking for a reasonably priced dresser /changing unit - any ideas?

Shahira KK

NYCMOM is offline Registered User

Smile Due in January

Hi, I'm new to this forum and moving to Hong Kong in November. I am due January 20 with my second (another boy, my first is 17 mths. old).

A little scared about the bed shortage in maternity wards in HK, but I guess that even happens here in New York, just depends what day you go into labor (I was five days late with my first). I emailed Dr. Ghosh's office by recommendation and will have an appt. with him when I arrive. The nurse also told me she would register me at Matilda...but I thought they were full until April!? I am just going to hope for the best!

We are looking to live in either Pokfulam (The Bel-Air) or somewhere in Repulse Bay. Are any of you all living in those areas?

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

Dear NYCMOM,

Welcome to the forum! When do you arrive in Hong Kong? I am moving to the Bel-Air in a couple of weeks. The facilities there are wonderful and they have playrooms for the little ones. Repulse Bay is also lovely if you like going to the beach for walks but it's not really stroller friendly as there are lots of hills and stairs.

You would be very lucky if you get a room at the Matilda, I also heard that it was fully booked until March.

MaiYe,
    They sell inexpensive cribs at the Eugene club but they are mostly made in China and looks a little flimsy to me. You could also consider buying 2nd hand.

lieny is offline Registered User

Hi Julia and all,

I am finally at 15 weeks..ps-r u calculating from the 1st day of missed period or from day it was conceived? If from 1st day period, then I am 17 weeks. Due date was preponed by obs to Mar 19th...
    And we do have a name for our little girl =)

Well, I just came back from Rome for vacation, and heading to US for few days for B-trip.. Then I have dr check up this sat. Hope to see my baby girl grow. She was 7cm long abt 3 weeks ago.

I am delivering at Sanatorium. Anyone at the same place?
    MaiYee - I am attending antenatal at Canossa in Nov too..Would be nice to finally see u in person.

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

lieny,
    I'm also delivering at HK Sanatorium.

Lolipop is offline Registered User

Hi all!

Welcome to the forum

Yes, we have a very definite name for our little one! My husband's mother had a dream just before we conceived that I would get pregnant soon with a boy and his name would be 'Lukas'. As soon as we heard the name we just loved it, and it felt so right! All very spooky LoL

Can you believe it! We are moving to the Philippines today!!!!!! It has all happened so fast, I can hardly believe we are leaving. I have had a great time here. I hope you girls don't mind if i continue to look in on this forum(?).

Got to go now, car arriving soon to take us to airport ... ooo er!

Take care

xxxx

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast