Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Due in Feb 2008

peainpod is offline Registered User

I'm not due till March but we have already started accumulating "stuff"! Our biggest purchase so far has been the Combi "Roanju" high chair (which doubles as rocking bed) - which a lot of my friends swear by. Also the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature sterilizer and some bottles (promo in Jusco). The rest are just things my brother sent me from Canada that his bubs has outgrown. (Bumbo seat, baby bjorn, play mat/gym and some books).

My first shipment of Amazon books just arrived today so I'm going to read thru "Baby Bargains" (by Denise Fields - the author as Baby 411) so I should probably hold off buying more until I'm a bit further along!!

rani is offline Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by peainpod View Post
    My first shipment of Amazon books just arrived today so I'm going to read thru "Baby Bargains" (by Denise Fields - the author as Baby 411) so I should probably hold off buying more until I'm a bit further along!!
    PP
    GeoBaby runs its own bookstore onShopinHK.Com. We order from the US every week. You only need to pay for local delivery which is much cheaper than Amazon.
    Last edited by rani; 10-08-2007 at 05:29 PM.

yan88 is offline Registered User

my first one

hi all mums and babes, this is my first time entering the site. a friend of my gave birth to a baby boy 5 month ago and she fully recommends the mother group talk on this site. hope i will like it too. my due day is jan 15th, i have done some shopping but not all. oh man, it takes us many times into the baby shops finally we have some idea what to take!!!!
    any recommendation on antenatal courses? i wasnt going to take one but my ffirends said it was well worth it.

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

I am moving in the next 2 weeks so still holding out on buying any baby stuff until after the move. I'm due Jan 21st so I guess I will be out and about in my 3rd trimester. I still feel great and have lots of energy. I wasn't planning on taking an antenatal class either. What are the other mommy's view on antenatals? Useful or not?

peainpod is offline Registered User

Thanks Rani! Actually I realized that AFTER I had already placed my order on Amazon and was kicking myself for it. (Not to mention there was a delay and the delivery arrived two weeks late.) I'll definitely go to ShopinHK for my next batch of books.

boubiloo is offline Registered User

hi everyone,
    just back to HK after being on bedrest for 2.5 months in europe .. starting to move, to go back to normal life :)
    due 25 february 08 youhouuu.. bit scared though.
    i was starting to look into prenatal class or any class i should do. any advise? first baby.. and hopefully plenty more ;)

falle001 is offline Registered User

ante natal classes

Just a quick update and to answer a few questions at the same time. I had my first antenatal class last night at the matilda and i found it really useful. it was nice to meet other mums and dads due around the same time and although some of the information you could get from books and the internet, it makes it more real hearing it from a midwife. It was also nice to compare bumps and pregnancy stories and find out other people's views on the type of birth they want. Some questions came up as well that i had not thought about and we watched a birth video which was not as bad as i imagined.

I also think it is quite nice as hubbies were there too, so they could mingle and talk about babies a bit more than they probably would do with friends/ colleagues etc.

I looked into the classes at about 18 weeks and probably booked at about 20 and the class was not full, for whoever asked about timings. i think they suggest that you try to do a class that will finish 4 weeks before your due date as well - just in case!!

i have also started yoga at pure and am enjoying it and finding that useful, although only managing one class a week at the minute - you can do up to four classes i think tues, thurs lunch, weds early evening and sat afternoon.

hope that helps and everyone is blooming!!!
    emma

lieny is offline Registered User

Hi Emma, I just had a look at Pure Yoga.. are you only attending the prenatal classes? I am interested to try it out too.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast