Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Due in Feb 2008

motherOF2 is offline Registered User

Wasabibunny and Falle001,

I'm sure u will have a good time at ur showers. Normally a good friend will offer to host the shower at her home, maybe tea time or anytime that suits u. U can serve finger food / sandwiches, cakes (cupcakes with beautiful colored frosting is also a good idea), coffee/tea or even champagne ..... it's all up to u. Of course, guests will come bearing gifts, it's just a good opportunity to catch up with friends and be noisy !!! Games like "guessing the circumference / size of ur belly" - everyone will cut a length of ribbon just by looking at ur belly and the one closest will win a prize, "alphabet game" - whoever can guess the highest number of baby items in a particular alphabet wins, etc.... I had one where I was made to taste 4 different kids of food puree to guess the ingredient (something I should know as a mother to be??? of cos I was hopeless !!). If u like, little prizes can be prepared for the winners or little door gifts for the attendees.
    Anyway, I'm sharing my 2 cents ........ hope u will manage to find other ideas too.
    Have fun !!!

falle001 is offline Registered User

Thanks for the advice - it sounds like good fun. I like the idea of the ribbon and guessing the circumference of the bump. I am sure it will be good fun and i suppose can be as organised or relaxed as you want it to be, but was not sure having never been to one before. Well i trust my friends to organise a good afternoon, will update you on how it goes!!

shwetakhanna is offline Registered User

We are expecting our first on 14th of Feb. We both are very excited, have not yet started with the shopping, still doing the market survey.

donkey is offline Registered User

Hi Has everyone done most of their shopping yet? It is getting close!!

Lolipop is offline Registered User

Hi!

Isn't it exciting? ... I cant believe I am 3 weeks away from due date! I am desperate to meet him, but at the same time I would prefer him to make an appearance after Christmas - so that we can enjoy last Christmas with our 3yr old just for her :yeah2

We have pretty much done all of our shopping by now, plus a few friends threw a surprise baby shower so got a load of extra goodies there

We haven't got our car seat yet though!!! .. which we will get on the weekend .. and I haven't bought stuff for hospital bag ... come to think of it we need a baby bath and a changing mat as well ... gawed, i am sure I was organized last time! ... I seem to recall I had even decorated a whole nursery by now then!

I hope everyone is doing ok - I am having good days and bad days - fed up of feeling so fat which can get me down ... but mostly ok

Well, take care all ... and good luck xxxxxxxx

wasabibunny is offline Registered User

I bought some baby clothes but nothing that practical yet.

Does anyone know which brand has glass bottles and where I might be able to buy them?

Here's the baby room:

Wasbibunny great job! i haven't done anything yet...Went to check Wing On and Eugene today to see what they have...We will start shopping for the basic item this weekend. Already got some clothes from friends, a second hand crib and that's it all I have.

Am 32 weeks now still managed to exercise 5 times a week....I feel tired when I am not doing anything!

How's everyone due in Feb??

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819